10.2.5 out...at SU!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
39.9mb

The 10.2.5 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, services and technologies: AirPort, Bluetooth, Classic compatibility, FireWire, Graphics, Image Capture, Mail, and OpenGL.

The update includes improvements to AFP, web services, dial-up connections over PPP, and Windows file services, as well as audio, disc recording, graphics, and printing improvements.

The update also provides updated security services and includes the latest security updates.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website:

http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25405

Comments

• Reply 1 of 121
    Damn beat me to it!

flick.
  • Reply 2 of 121
    sapisapi Posts: 207member
    snappier.

• Reply 3 of 121
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Ok where's the Obligatory BOM post. Teehee
  • Reply 4 of 121
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    old news....

so when is 10.2.6 due?? i say 3 weeks before panther roll out.....give the mac heads one more free update before throwing panther and the cost of it at them

g
  • Reply 5 of 121
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    man, i've been dying for this thing. hope it fixes some of the problems 10.2.4 started.

w00t!

Quote:

The 10.2.5 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, utilities, services, and technologies: Address Book, AirPort, AppleScript, Bluetooth, Classic compatibility, Disk Copy, Disk Utility, Finder, Help Viewer, iChat, Image Capture, IP Firewall, Kerberos, Mail, OpenGL, Print Center, Rendezvous, and Sherlock.

The update includes improvements to AFP, web services, dial-up connections over PPP, and Windows file services, as well as audio, disc recording, graphics, and printing improvements and USB, FireWire, and SCSI device compatibility enhancements.

The update also provides updated security services and includes the latest security updates.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website:

http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25406

• Reply 6 of 121
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    So far, so good.

Previews of image and PDF files in the Finder's Columns view are several times faster.

Screed
  • Reply 7 of 121
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hey, OSX is now almost 75% as fast as OS9!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.
  • Reply 8 of 121
    I'm downloading it now as I type this. I wonder how much faster I'm gonna run... 10.2.4 sped me up... Let's see what 10.2.5 does....
  • Reply 9 of 121
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Weird, Software Update on my Cube just barfed during the download, with this dialogue:

Quote:

The installation has encountered a problem. None of the checked updates were successfully installed.

To try again, choose Download Checked Items in the Update menu and open the package from the Desktop.

Try that, and it barfs again with the same message...

However, my PowerBook is pulling the package down to the Desktop even as I type, and looks like it's going to behave, so I'll just drag it over the network.

All rather odd though...
  • Reply 10 of 121
    It seems to have helped out my radeon 8500 a bit,

What no lsbom?
  • Reply 11 of 121
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    "Standalone Installers

An installer is also available from Apple Featured Software (http://www.apple.com/swupdates/)."

Where? Where the f@ck is it? Don't see it. Apple, please wake up. Not everyone is in broadband heaven...
  • Reply 12 of 121
    Yeah it is odd.... I wonder what could be up....
  • Reply 13 of 121
    I`ll bite

Here is the bom lsbom
  • Reply 14 of 121
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    As usual, I jumped before reading about it here, but everything's fine so far.
  • Reply 15 of 121
    heh iBrowse just like me! ^^ but its all good so far... just about to restart...
  • Reply 16 of 121
    Bollocks! Barfed again, on both machines...

However, by slightly sneaky means, I have found the standalone updater:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120210

Knock yerselves out.
  • Reply 17 of 121
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Whoah.

You know how we all say "snappy", and then we smirk?

This is, actually, snappier.

One is tempted to say "about fvcking time", but I am so pleased I can't bring myself to say that.

It's like the Finder got some clue slapped into it.
  • Reply 18 of 121
    overhope u didnt make the link right... its linked to http://
  • Reply 19 of 121
  • Reply 20 of 121
    D'oh! That'll teach me to cut'n'paste...

Fixed now, thanks PiBO!