10.2.5 out...at SU!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 121
    Np. anytime.
  • Reply 22 of 121
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Hmm, don't know what happened there: fixed the link, then the original post turns up two posts down?!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, it's definitely fixed now.

I'll just go and count my brownie points for finding it in the first place.
  • Reply 23 of 121
    .... the link is bad again.. and why post exactly what you posted before? Overhope... you ok? lol
  • Reply 24 of 121
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Cripes! I've been playing around with Bluetooth and my T68 before the update. They redid the Devices tab of the Bluetooth System Preference.

Very nice. In the KB they mention adding support for the P800 among others. They're working hard on this tech.

Screed
  • Reply 25 of 121
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mount_my_floppy

It seems to have helped out my radeon 8500 a bit,

What no lsbom?

this might be why it helped your 8500, pulled from the lsbom:

Quote:

./System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon8500.kext/Contents/Info.plist

./System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon8500.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeon8500

./System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon8500.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

./System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon8500.kext/Contents/version.plist

i hope it does the same for mine
  • Reply 26 of 121
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    I guess I'll have to drag my TiBook to the computer lab tomorrow.

What's the new build number?

And it looks like there's a real Radeon 9700 driver, which is a lot quicker than it took them to get a real GeForce 3 driver.
  • Reply 27 of 121
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

What's the new build number?

6L29
  • Reply 28 of 121
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    Agh! I can no longer burn CDs on my PowerBook after installing 10.2.5! I get the error "You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click Ignore." when I put an empty CD-R in.
  • Reply 29 of 121
    What happens when you click Ignore? Looks like there's a bundle of disc burning stuff in there, so maybe the behaviour's changed?
  • Reply 30 of 121
    ThunderPoit, Yeah I didnt read the lsbom till after I posted my comment about helping out my card.
  • Reply 31 of 121
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    It doesn't do anything. Just makes the dialog box go away.
  • Reply 32 of 121
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Cool- the P800 and Microsoft bluetooth mouse and keyboard are supported now too!
  • Reply 33 of 121
    Burning a disk Right now.. no problems.

This Update is visibly faster.

flick

pb 12"
  • Reply 34 of 121
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan Cale

Agh! I can no longer burn CDs on my PowerBook after installing 10.2.5! I get the error "You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click Ignore." when I put an empty CD-R in.

what kind of powerbook?
  • Reply 35 of 121
    jupiterjupiter Posts: 18member
    Quote:

Log out and back in again - that has fixed that particular problem for me in the past when it occasionally occurs. Hope it does for you this time.
  • Reply 36 of 121
    I've tried a blank disc in my 12" PowerBook and the Firewire burner attached to the Cube and got exactly the same dialogue as before the update.\

My, this thing is nippy, though what's with opening a Finder window at the Computer level when I log in? Yes, "consistency across apps", but most un-Maclike...
  • Reply 37 of 121
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    Just a quick question or two;

1. has anybody got the MS BT mouse FULLY working on 10.2.5 yet? how is it? are you using the MS BT adapter or a dlink/apple one?

Thanks
  • Reply 38 of 121
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Quote:

Repair permissions
  • Reply 39 of 121
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    The obligatory edited lsbom listing:

• Reply 40 of 121
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Logan Cale I used to see that same thing in 10.2.4, it also happened when I mounted disk images. It stopped a while ago even before I updated for reason, perhaps I repaired privileges.

OK here's the big news!!!!! 12" PBs don't skip on DVDs full screen anymore! Yay! I still see "lines" in graphics though. I saw Geforce 2mx mentioned in the lsbom a lot, does any of that apply to the 420Go in the 12" PB or is it too different?