10.2.5 out...at SU!

Comments

• Reply 41 of 121
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Keep posting you guys!

Anything especially new and interesting with the interface?

I expect that to wait for <snarl>Panther!</snarl>
  • Reply 42 of 121
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Keep posting you guys!

Anything especially new and interesting with the interface?

I expect that to wait for <snarl>Panther!</snarl>

Not a thing that I could see.

Oh, wait. The about box does now read "10.2.5".
  • Reply 43 of 121
    Is it just me or does 10.2.5 kill the ability to access iPod from within iTunes(!!!)

(before someone suggests, i've restarted twice)

<edit> ALSO iSync can't see my iPod </edit>
  • Reply 44 of 121
    dygysydygysy Posts: 182member
    Ah yes, love that OS X update placibo speed increase effect!
  • Reply 45 of 121
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Is it just me or login screen is finally smooth now?
  • Reply 46 of 121
    bill mbill m Posts: 324member
    The window control buttons (x) (-) (+) in iPhoto are considerably closer to each other then in other apps like Safari after the update. This is really strange.

• Reply 47 of 121
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bill M

The window control buttons (x) (-) (+) in iPhoto are considerably closer to each other then in other apps like Safari after the update. This is really strange.

Wow, you're right.

That's freaky.....
  • Reply 48 of 121
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

Yup. We should all go out and slit our wrists.
  • Reply 49 of 121
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Yup. We should all go out and slit our wrists.

not being able to edit playlists and tracks on my ipod is sooo much reason to
  • Reply 50 of 121
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bill M

I'll bet this is another case of Apple rolling their own code instead of using the frameworks they offer everyone else, and getting hoist on their own petard.

It does look really funny. At least it's harmless.
  • Reply 51 of 121
    trebuchettrebuchet Posts: 176member
    It took me clost to 2 hours to download this update. My computer has been really slow and I have no idea why. I get the spinning beach ball just opening a browser. I seriously hope this update does something for me. This is ridiculous.
  • Reply 52 of 121
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    "Ah yes, love that OS X update placibo speed increase effect!"

Whatever. I think you are blowing hot air--there is definitely improvements in the Finder.
  • Reply 53 of 121
    Well folks, I downloaded my 10.2.5 in HOPES that it would fix my problem not being able to send mail from ANY of my .mac accounts from the Mail application. It had stated that Mail was improved...well, guess what..ITS NOT. And worse yet, Apple has not responded to my issues..they have been giving all who have replied the same copy paste crap. They even went so far as to tell me if I got it to work with another email client, to use THAT! I mean come on! I WANT to use mail. The .mac services should at least work with Apple's own software!! GRRRRRRRR. I just wish that there was SOME fix. If someone can find one, GOD BLESS YOU. (btw, I do not want to use my ISP's smtp server. I get spammed when I do so, and has taken a week to sort it all out so it is almost non-existant, yes, I know I can use spam filters, but who wants to deal with THAT when it does not have to be that way?)

Thanks for reading my bent rant!
  • Reply 54 of 121
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tommy_thompson

Well folks, I downloaded my 10.2.5 in HOPES that it would fix my problem not being able to send mail from ANY of my .mac accounts from the Mail application. It had stated that Mail was improved...well, guess what..ITS NOT. And worse yet, Apple has not responded to my issues..they have been giving all who have replied the same copy paste crap. They even went so far as to tell me if I got it to work with another email client, to use THAT! I mean come on! I WANT to use mail. The .mac services should at least work with Apple's own software!! GRRRRRRRR. I just wish that there was SOME fix. If someone can find one, GOD BLESS YOU. (btw, I do not want to use my ISP's smtp server. I get spammed when I do so, and has taken a week to sort it all out so it is almost non-existant, yes, I know I can use spam filters, but who wants to deal with THAT when it does not have to be that way?)

Thanks for reading my bent rant!

i dont believe u
  • Reply 55 of 121
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    I've had several kernel panics since updating. They happen about 5 or 6 minutes after starting. I did a clean install of 10.2 on another hard disk. After updating to 10.2.5, I still get panics when booting from the new system. Now I'm yanking USB devices to see if it could be one of them.
  • Reply 56 of 121
    (knocks on wood)

Well..so far so good. The Finder does seem quicker. And nothing is broken that I can tell yet.

Of course, I didn't have any problems with 10.2.4 either (shrugs). Hopefully everyone gets their stuff sorted out. Cheers!
  • Reply 57 of 121
    Downloaded it quickly and the update ran fine. No problems so far. iPhoto looks normal. iTunes sees my iPod fine. Nothing out of the ordinary for 6 hours.

It does seem Snappy! (Trademarked by Apple Computer)
  • Reply 58 of 121
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I can confirm the too-close-and-slightly-low widgets in iPhoto and iMovie. Only problem really as far as I can tell... I'll live. I guess.

PS: column view previews in the Finder are faster now, at least for pdf files and to some extent for large tiffs.
  • Reply 59 of 121
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Wow that's weird! I wonder if they'll update it just for that.
  • Reply 60 of 121
    I was hoping they'd get rid of the HORRIFYING recessed buttons, but they are still there and still look like complete shit! The iPhoto buttons are indeed too close, so they look even worse now. It's so refreshing to open up iTunes and see the normal, perfectly round buttons the way they should ALL be! If they wanted to recess the buttons, they could have done it better.