Seven 'iPhone 13' models exposed in regulatory database

Posted:
in iPhone edited June 2021
Seven new "iPhone 13" models have been added to the EEC regulatory database, a mandatory filing before they can be released.

The Eurasian Economic Commission database has added a series of part numbers that are listed as "smartphones 'Apple' models." It further says that these models run "software version iOS 14," confirming that they are iPhones and almost certainly variants of the forthcoming "iPhone 13" range.

Model numbers A2628, A2630, A2634, A2635, A2640, A2643, and A2645, have been entered under a single filing in the EEC database. Previously the EEC has divided model numbers into two or more different sections, but that does not appear to be an indication of any technological difference between the models or ranges.

Apple will not formally announce the next iPhone until September. However, supply chain reports are already saying that Apple orders for camera VCM components exceed those of all Android manufacturers combined.

Separately, other reports claim that the 2021 iPhones will have bigger batteries than the iPhone 12 range. Production on potential 120Hz ProMotion displays are also said to have begun, as has initial manufacturing of the "A15" processor.

Follow all the details of WWDC 2021 with the comprehensive AppleInsider coverage of the whole week-long event from June 7 through June 11, including details of all the new launches and updates.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    I wish someone would confirm if Touch ID is coming back.
    Hank2.0Dogpersoncommentzilla
  • Reply 2 of 13
    M68000M68000 Posts: 725member
    Yeah….  I have no info,  just opinion.  I have doubts about it being on this years models.  Seems like there has not been much talk about it lately in different forums or online sources.   I’m likely to move on from my 8 plus this year and hope for the best. 
    pulseimages
  • Reply 3 of 13
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Lucky 13 is the one that will probably have me retiring my iPX.  Looking forward to this release!

• Reply 4 of 13
    jroqjroq Posts: 1member
    "Apple orders for camera VCM components exceed those of all Android manufacturers combined." <---That's because manufacturers like Samsung have moved on from the outdated VCM. "Boom roasted' - Michael Scott
  • Reply 5 of 13
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    jroq said:
    "Apple orders for camera VCM components exceed those of all Android manufacturers combined." <---That's because manufacturers like Samsung have moved on from the outdated VCM. "Boom roasted' - Michael Scott
    Just a so-so first troll, hater. But you gotta do better to maintain your troll cred here.
    edited June 2021 StrangeDaysnapoleon_phoneapartpulseimagesradarthekat
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Who would even need seven new models at the same time? Wish they focused upon a few.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Hank2.0Hank2.0 Posts: 151member

Who would even need seven new models at the same time? Wish they focused upon a few.

13 mini, 13 compact, 13 SE, 13, 13 Pro, 13 Big Pro, 13 Really Big Pro

[Deleted User]RonnnieOright_said_fred
  • Reply 8 of 13
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    M68000 said:
    Yeah….  I have no info,  just opinion.  I have doubts about it being on this years models.  Seems like there has not been much talk about it lately in different forums or online sources.   I’m likely to move on from my 8 plus this year and hope for the best. 
    I use an iPhone 8+ around the house when my 11 Pro Max is charging.  I’ve been using both daily for 18 months and I have to say, Touch ID has become tedious compared to FaceID.  The only reason I can see to bring it back is as an extra layer of security in addition to FaceID. 
  • Reply 9 of 13
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    Hank2.0 said:

And one more thing…. 13 Really Big Pro Compact Foldable 
    Hank2.0
  • Reply 10 of 13
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,642member
    Wait.  Apple is releasing another phone this year?  I had no idea!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,925member
    Hank2.0 said:

Nope - 13 white, 13 black, 13 mauve, 13 chartreuse, 13 fuchsia, 13 taupe, and 13 ochre. 
  • Reply 12 of 13
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,925member
    M68000 said:
    I use an iPhone 8+ around the house when my 11 Pro Max is charging.  I’ve been using both daily for 18 months and I have to say, Touch ID has become tedious compared to FaceID.  The only reason I can see to bring it back is as an extra layer of security in addition to FaceID. 
    Touch ID would've been nice in the past year when everyone was wearing a mask, but since they added mask detection letting your watch unlock your phone it's not a problem anymore (even more so that you don't need to wear a mask near as often.)
    spheric
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Touch ID? Yes, please! I mourn its loss just like MagSafe on the Mac.