Three App Store classics are re-launching soon on Apple Arcade

Posted:
in iOS edited June 2021
Apple Arcade has three rebuilt games coming soon -- "Angry Birds Reloaded," "Doodle God Universe," and "Alto's Odyssey: The Lost City."

Three classic games coming soon to Apple Arcade
Three classic games coming soon to Apple Arcade

Apple has been expanding the Apple Arcade catalog by re-introducing classic App Store games to the subscription service. These new versions of older games have no ads, no in-app purchases, and are expanded with new content or design.

Each of the three games fall into the Apple Arcade Original's category since they are all considered new titles. None of the titles have a release date and are listed as "Coming Soon."

"Alto's Odyssey: The Lost City" is the classic sandboarding game with a new biome added. Play through the standard levels and unlock new content by finding new paths or collecting coins.

"Doodle God Universe" is redrawn with new graphics with classic gameplay. Control each of the four elements to build your world and complete tasks.

"Angry Birds Reloaded" is a fully remastered version of the classic game. Slingshot the birds from the movie franchise and use their new powers to help defeat the pigs.

Play any of these games and over 180 others for $4.99 per month. Apple Arcade is also included in every tier of the Apple One subscription bundle.

Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast -- and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.AppleInsider is also bringing you the best Apple-related deals for Amazon Prime Day 2021. There are bargains before, during, and even after Prime Day on June 21 and 22 -- with every deal at your fingertips throughout the event.
pichael

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Angry Birds Reloaded is interesting to me. Will probably subscribe, play and unsubscribe again-
  • Reply 2 of 9
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    More proof this is just a mobile game service blown up for other devices like Mac and Apple TV. I wish it had big games. 

Also, Apple messed up by not making Arcade games literally exclusive. They already allowed to appear on consoles.
    byronlwilliamlondonentropys
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Bringing classic/ older games to Apple Arcade without any IAP and ads is one of the best things Apple has done!
    byronlwilliamlondon
  • Reply 4 of 9
    byronlbyronl Posts: 362member
    loving apple arcade
    williamlondon
  • Reply 5 of 9
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    Beats said:
    More proof this is just a mobile game service blown up for other devices like Mac and Apple TV. I wish it had big games. 

Also, Apple messed up by not making Arcade games literally exclusive. They already allowed to appear on consoles.
    If they have done it - made it exclusive, then many developers would just stay away from Arcade. The developers would just publish their games in the App Store like they usually did, and have the option to publish it on any other platform.
    This would have led to the worse game selection on Apple Arcade. It would have been less popular, other devolopers might have considered not to publish their games on Apple Arcade. This would made it even less popular. 
    Apple Arcade could have failed. 

I am personally for the broader selection and access to entertainment. 
    It makes me frustrated when I can't find a movie on Apple TV, and I need to subscribe or buy it on another platform.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Sadly I don’t think Chair would want to work with them and release an Infinity Blade reboot…
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Beats said:
    From a business perspective, what would you expect Apple to do? They wanted a service that focused on new games, not older releases. They knew that iPhone/iPad were the most popular devices for playing games in their hardware lineup. They knew that there were far more developers producing games for those devices than for Mac. And they knew that the ATV was the least popular hardware for gaming use. So it makes sense for Apple to approach Arcade the way they have. Through the popularity of games that work well on iPhone/iPad, they're getting their users more accustomed to bigger screen gaming on a Mac or ATV. It's a way of breathing new life into Mac/ATV for gaming and potentially lead to more of the games you want (PC or console ports) showing up down the line. 
    Japhey
  • Reply 8 of 9
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    Beats said:
    From a business perspective, what would you expect Apple to do? They wanted a service that focused on new games, not older releases. They knew that iPhone/iPad were the most popular devices for playing games in their hardware lineup. They knew that there were far more developers producing games for those devices than for Mac. And they knew that the ATV was the least popular hardware for gaming use. So it makes sense for Apple to approach Arcade the way they have. Through the popularity of games that work well on iPhone/iPad, they're getting their users more accustomed to bigger screen gaming on a Mac or ATV. It's a way of breathing new life into Mac/ATV for gaming and potentially lead to more of the games you want (PC or console ports) showing up down the line. 
    An exclusive killer game would help.  Let’s face it, a first person shooter like Halo was for Xbox.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Happier and happier with my Apple One subscription! Angry Birds sure will surely deliver some nostalgia from the first years of iPhone!