Apple offers free month of Paramount+ through Apple TV app

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple on Monday announced a promotion that nets users a free month of Paramount+ service for free when redeemed through the Apple TV app.

Paramount

Announced in a tweet, the Paramount+ trial is available now through June 30. Eligibility is limited to new subscribers living in the U.S.

Formerly known as CBS All Access, Paramount+ went live in March as an expansion to the ViacomCBS streaming service and delivered some 30,000 television episodes from BET, Comedy Central, MTV and more. Paramount movie properties and original programming were also thrown in to round out the product as ViacomCBS positioned itself against competitors like NBC and HBO.

Paramount+ is an Apple TV Channel, meaning users can trial the service directly through the Apple TV app. Alternatively, subscriptions can be purchased through the standalone Paramount+ app.

One of the many streaming services to offer multiple tier levels, Paramount+ subscriptions run $4.99 per month with ads or $9.99 ad-free. Regular subscription pricing resumes after the one-month trial period.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    If you’re  a fan of the Star Trek series, the exceptional show “Evil”, and so much more, this is a great deal.
    edited June 2021
  • Reply 2 of 8
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Picard, Star Trek Discovery, Yellowstone. None of them are currently streaming new episodes. I can wait.
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 3 of 8
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    Been paying for Apple+ for a while. Just purchased a new iPhone 12 Pro Max. It’s only 2 weeks until the trial expires. Paramount/Apple should just give it away to all their existing customers. 
  • Reply 4 of 8
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,876member
    mac_dog said:
    Been paying for Apple+ for a while. Just purchased a new iPhone 12 Pro Max. It’s only 2 weeks until the trial expires. Paramount/Apple should just give it away to all their existing customers. 
    Yeah when mine runs out I'm getting a bundle, will pay the same (slightly less) than I am now, w/ ATV+ included. 
    Japhey
  • Reply 5 of 8
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,571member
    Beware, the Paramount+ library is different in every country. In Canada, we get only a fraction of the US offerings.

Still, it's a good deal. As soon as you don't like what's in it, just cancel. I haven't cancelled yet.

Paramount says their library will expand sometime soon.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    urashidurashid Posts: 127member
    Beware, the Paramount+ library is different in every country. In Canada, we get only a fraction of the US offerings.

Still, it's a good deal. As soon as you don't like what's in it, just cancel. I haven't cancelled yet.

Paramount says their library will expand sometime soon.
    I believe it is a US only offer:

• Reply 7 of 8
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    bluefire1 said:
    If you’re  a fan of the Star Trek series, the exceptional show “Evil”, and so much more, this is a great deal.
    I agree, Evil is fun. And all the Viacom additions make this much better than CBS All Access. But, no MTV Fear? All that teen mom real world garbage, but not Fear? At least all the “Unplugged” episodes make up for it a little, but c’mon. 
  • Reply 8 of 8
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    bluefire1 said:
    The problem is they don’t even have all the ST movies, and they aren’t in 4K.  I have no interest until they are all available in 4K HDR