Apple supply chain readying for third quarter 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro release

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    I’m also prepping :smiley: 
    I need to see the rumoured 14” with my own eyes before making the call though. I’ve had 15” models since forever.. and feel reluctant to go down in screen size.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    verne araseverne arase Posts: 460member
    fastasleep said:

I really don’t understand why you’d do this. Seems like if the rumor not panning out causes you problems then what I’d guess was your goal of making a few extra bucks on your old Mac wasn’t worth it.
    Well, I wanted to get rid of the 16" while it still had some value - it was an older 2019 model with a core-i9, Radeon 5500M, 32 GB RAM, and 2 TB SSD and I expect the value of the Intel 16" to tank once its Apple Silicon replacement arrives.

My primary is still my 2020 iMac 5K which I expect to hold its value better. It's got a core-i9 3.6ghz, a Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB, 10 gb ethernet, and 4 TB SSD (with 128 GB OWC RAM). This thing can game on the Windows (bootcamp) side, and can easily run Mass Effect Legendary Edition with 4K assets at 5K resolution without breaking a sweat - something the the 16" couldn't do. Probably still can't run Windows 11 though.

As it was, when I sold the 16" on April 20th I only got something like $2170 for it.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    bageljoey said:
    I don’t need a new MBP right now, but I’m hoping these are absolute beasts!
    looks good so far!
    I sure do need one and yes they sound like they are going to be beasts. 
    I however doubt I will be around come that time or probably not in a condition where I would be able to enjoy it. I was diagnosed with terminal cancer back in January with 12-18 months and unfortunately things are not looking very bright right now. 
    I was really hoping I could make it until these came out  but it is not looking too good right now. 
  • Reply 24 of 24
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,023member
    Can't wait to see what my barely used 2019 16" MacBook Pro with 32GBs of RAM, 8 GB GPU, 1 TB drive, and 2.4GHz 8-core i9 processor will be worth for trade-in. It was $4500 new so I am hoping for at least $3000!