34 hours with no sleep...interrsting things start to happenn

Comments

• Reply 201 of 222
    I'm not a regular forum poster, but I fackin' love this macbook air that I'm typin' on...
    I don't make it a habit to post in online forums, but this one here really helped me through my insomniac 2016/2017...
    You might be thinking, wow, isn't it pretty shallow dipping into 2018 and acting like those crazy days are ova'?
    What am I saying, I reread the words before me and I thought maybe I've been here and one of those old accounts was me :open_mouth: 
    It kind'a reminds me that we're all the same person, and it's all the same fuckin' day, man.

What time is it? Holy shit I'm typing well because let me tell you, I fucked with all nighters & tri-nighters in my crazy youth (1-2 yrs ago).
    Then, I had a bouts of clinical depression, suicidal thoughts, and a hodgepodge of meds that gave me insomnia. 
    Struggled with panic disorder when I was younger, but the attacks always made me fatigued and I slept quite well in those years.
    I think my "record" was an accidental 62 or 72 hours awake straight, I can't remember now because it was a blur.
    I do remember experiencing awake dreaming and micro sleeps, and having had recurring sleep paralysis since the age of 5....
    I have ADHD, and went unmedicated for most of my life, age 0-18, and sleeping was rough, man.
    The ironic part is finally getting me some Adderall made me sleep like a baby, and the straight A's were back, baby!
    Moving abroad soon and that shit is illegal as fuck, but I get down with some melatonin and other shite too...

I guess my point is I'm tired, and I don't know how long I've been awake.
    I was always to lazy/paranoid/maybe i already posted here, to actually post here, but here I am, live in color!
    The thing is, I'm pretty young, but I miss blaming enlightenment and ADHD on my poor sleep habits.
    Did you know that Monks achieve most of their touchy feely feelings from chronic sleep deprivation and starvation?
    Try fasting and all nighters and trust me, you'll be able to fly, and then you won't. 
    It's like doing meth, but less socially acceptable. (Not that I've done meth, just psychedelics and speed)
    Hey, ho, let's go! (to bed I'm exhausted)

I think I'm just anxious about my flight in 32 hours and my birthday soon and moving abroad in 2 months and getting old and dying.
    I'm 20 and tired, and I wrote many a slam poem when I was depressed.
    Happy to say that I'm happy and mentally fit these days, but I'm hopelessly addicted to Monsters and Yellow American Spirits.
    I'll bank on the fact that both of those are super expensive and imported in the country where I'll be moving soon, and I'm not rich.
    I'm rich enough to pull all nighters on my old macbook air, but not for fuckin' imported energy drinks and American Spirits, I tell you 'hwat.
  • Reply 202 of 222
    anybody call for a doctor? mmm hmm you guys got it bad...youve got the gimme some lovin syndrome anyway the cure is at the bottom of bottle or underneath somebodys clothes lol call me in the morning later

*ps stalker magnet
  • Reply 203 of 222
    Lack of sleep is awful. I pulled a few all-nighters in college and it was no fun. A friend of mine's roommate had such bad insomnia that he started hallucinating. Guy was sitting in a coffee shop in the middle of the day and imagined that a rabid dog was running at him full-speed...
  • Reply 204 of 222
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I fear I have been remiss in not touching base with the immortal insomnia thread for a few years.  Time passes, glaciers recede, entire civilizations rise and fall, but the insomnia thread lingers on, groggily drifitng across the decades. It's a comfort, in these times of precipitous upheaval and debased institutions, that at least one tradition holds fast, seemingly impervious to the world outside the bedroom walls. Battles are fought and reputations destroyed; inside this thread it is always three o'clock in the morning.  Soon, I will have to appoint an heir to continue this series of meta-commentary, as the human life span is but a brief candle guttering in the long night of the sleepless and their forum, which is forever.
    cgWerks
  • Reply 205 of 222
    PhilanderPhilander Posts: 11member
    I think you are tired mate. You need deep and rest. 36 hours without sleeping is bit hilarious for me. 
  • Reply 206 of 222
    Loki.s_bitchLoki.s_bitch Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    This heckin thing is 17 years old

anyway... the night before last night I wasn’t able to sleep because I have really bad anxiety. And last night I had a panic attack so I wasn’t able to sleep at all...... idk this might be my longest rn idc 

also so who else loves my username haha
  • Reply 207 of 222
    Loki.s_bitchLoki.s_bitch Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    Also I’m 13 if that makes a difference to how much I should be sleeping. I forgot to mention but.....

just now I was looking at my phone with my ears towards the door. Ok just look 
               Open bedroom door
          [___]     \| bathroom door 
            (Tv) 
    |     | bed
    |[   ]|

so it was closed like it shows there and I was laying down with my head turned to the left and I saw the door shut partially and when I looked it emediatly stopped. 
    Doors look like this now 
    /|
  • Reply 208 of 222
    I don't think you can do that. You should asap go to the bed. Because if you don't sleep enough you'll not get enough power or strength. 
  • Reply 209 of 222
    This brings me back when I have depression for 4 months. I can go a day without sleeping and just doing nothing except for thinking every mistake I've done. 
  • Reply 210 of 222
    Holy fuck... I just read this whole thing. I’m coming right up on hour 50 of being awake and I couldn’t let this thread die so here’s to the one fucking time I’ll probably use this account. Stay woke folks and greetings from 2019.
  • Reply 211 of 222
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Of course this would be the first thread I see coming back here.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 212 of 222
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Didn’t this thread used to have thousands of comments?
  • Reply 213 of 222
    Happy 20th anniversary, beloved insomnia thread.  The world is a far different place from when we first lay awake, staring at the ceiling, and I am a far different man.  And yet here we are, counting the minutes till dawn, searching the internet for solace. It's actually been several years since an insomniac posted their experience, and I can't help but wonder:  has another completely-unrelated-to-sleep forum stolen our demographic?  Is there a car enthusiast site that even now is hosting the random thoughts of the sleepless?  Will posting here now revive the mojo and open the floodgates?  Or did the pandemic change the equation in some inscrutable way?  We may never know for sure, but nevertheless I pay homage to the eternal insomnia thread, may it stand watch over the restless forever. 
  • Reply 214 of 222
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member
    addabox said:
    Happy 20th anniversary, beloved insomnia thread.  The world is a far different place from when we first lay awake, staring at the ceiling, and I am a far different man.  And yet here we are, counting the minutes till dawn, searching the internet for solace. It's actually been several years since an insomniac posted their experience, and I can't help but wonder:  has another completely-unrelated-to-sleep forum stolen our demographic?  Is there a car enthusiast site that even now is hosting the random thoughts of the sleepless?  Will posting here now revive the mojo and open the floodgates?  Or did the pandemic change the equation in some inscrutable way?  We may never know for sure, but nevertheless I pay homage to the eternal insomnia thread, may it stand watch over the restless forever. 
    OMG, thought you'd passed on or something. It's been years since you posted anything here, so it's good to see you're still around @addabox ;

I suppose you peruse the forum anyway on occasion, just nothing worthy of comment. ;)
  • Reply 215 of 222
    Hey Gator!  For some reason the insomnia thread came to mind and it occurred to me to check in.  How's everything in your neck of the woods?  Hope you got through the Year of Hell OK!  Many of the old gang still hereabouts?
  • Reply 216 of 222
    addabox said:
    Hey Gator!  For some reason the insomnia thread came to mind and it occurred to me to check in.  How's everything in your neck of the woods?  Hope you got through the Year of Hell OK!  Many of the old gang still hereabouts?
    Very few of the old crew are still around. Soli came around for a couple of posts a few weeks back after a disappearing act. A few of the old-timers have changed their monikers so you wouldn't immediately recognize them anyway. The place is pretty quiet nowadays compared to 5 years ago. 
  • Reply 217 of 222
    Yeah I guess once management shut down the famously contentious PO that drained a lot of the drama out of the proceedings.  I know a lot of folks migrated to Apple Nova but that's gone pretty quiescent over the last 5 years or so.

• Reply 218 of 222
    addabox said:
    Yeah I guess once management shut down the famously contentious PO that drained a lot of the drama out of the proceedings.  I know a lot of folks migrated to Apple Nova but that's gone pretty quiescent over the last 5 years or so.

Yup, it's a ghost town there. This place is party central in comparison

• Reply 219 of 222
    Whelp, here's hoping that a little burst of activity on this thread gets it on the radar of America's sleepless.  I would hate to see the thread lost to time.
  • Reply 220 of 222
    I never thought this throwaway account would see the light of day again. (metaphorically speaking, of course. it's pitch black outside at the moment)

I still struggle with insomnia regularly, but I am no longer the angsty young adult I was in January 2018 when I first posted here. I did indeed move abroad as I said in that post, and I'm happy to say I'm still abroad! I've reached fluency in my local language and am able to have daily conversations as well as formal usage at work in business situations. I still have the occasional energy drink, but I was able to quit smoking and haven't touched a single cigarette since I left the United States. My life has in all ways vastly improved, and since I graduated from university about a year ago I have really come into my adult personality and found my place in the world.

Why am I up at nearly 3:00 am today? My sleep schedule has been on the fritz for a few weeks for misc reasons, but particularly I am nervous about an interview coming up next week. It's for a job that pays quite a lot more than where I currently work, and the foreign language expectation is quite high. I've been studying my honorifics and although I expect to do very well (competition is low with borders tight due to the covid situation), I really dread breaking the news to my current employers. Gotta let something good go to receive something even better. I suppose big changes in life can spark insomnia. Hasn't been this bad since I was planning to leave the US haha, I may find myself on this thread again in the case of another big life change in several years. Won't let the flame die out!

Send me good vibes y'all, and never let insomnia hold you back from gettin' stuff done! A large coffee and regret await me (and probably you) come tomorrow morning :')