10.2.5 out...at SU!

Comments

• Reply 61 of 121
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yeah that's really retarded how they have 3 different versions of brushed metal. And they all suck.
  • Reply 62 of 121
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Three?

In this pic, the apps are, from top to bottom:

Safari

iTunes

iPhoto

iSync

No two are alike.
  • Reply 63 of 121
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Ouch.

iPhoto and iTunes' widgets are esp. glaringly different.

C'mon, Apple UE. Put the kabosh on this.
  • Reply 64 of 121
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    safari and iSync look pretty close to me...i photo is especially bad...but then i am a GUI moron so what do i know....

g
  • Reply 65 of 121
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Three?

In this pic, the apps are, from top to bottom:

Safari

iTunes

iPhoto

iSync

No two are alike.

Apple is probably doing this just to get under us mac geeks' skin. They see us complaining and laugh. "Opps, look what we did. What are you going to do rumor boy? Cry to your mommy?" They know no sain computer user really cares whether Safari looks slightly different than Quicktime. They certainly aren't going to stop using Apple software because of it. The button thing is bad, since it screws with functionality, so yeah, they need to change it back or change everything to the new layout.
  • Reply 66 of 121
    Now if I recall, Safari and iSync should look the same because they are both cocoa and use the new nibs. iTunes still has the gumdrop buttons because its carbon and uses its own nibs. I think iPhoto is just the odd one out. I peeked at the lsbom, but I can't see what might have been changed to cause it to look like that. I haven't used iPhoto as of yet (planning to get a camera at some point) so I don't have to look at it and be annoyed .
  • Reply 67 of 121
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    no sign of Server 10.2.5 update yet...
  • Reply 68 of 121
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

no sign of Server 10.2.5 update yet...

That's cause it's not quite done yet.. I'm quite sure it'll be out pretty soon tho.

Dave
  • Reply 69 of 121
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    but it was only 10.2.4 that there started to be a non-synched Client-Server release. Thought maybe was just for 10.2.4
  • Reply 70 of 121
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Has anybody noticed any improvement in battery life with 10.2.5? Many laptop users, including me, had noticed drastically shorter battery life (both estimated and actual) after the 10.2.4 update. I installed 10.2.5 on my iBook and battery life still seems dismal. (Yes, I've "conditioned" the battery, reset the PRAM etc.)

Escher
  • Reply 71 of 121
    tchwojkotchwojko Posts: 139member
    My battery life with an old iBook was down to about 15 minutes with 10.2.4. I've been procrastinating getting a new battery. Today on the train (with 10.2.5 now), the battery indicator said I had 2 minutes left, but that lasted 20. I'm going to recalibrate, and do all the other voodoo for the power manager, and see what happens.
  • Reply 72 of 121
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Your battery is DEAD DEAD DEAD. Get over it and buy a new one. I think Apple used crappy batteries for the white iBooks or something.
  • Reply 73 of 121
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    before 10.2.5 my 15" PB would take up to 20 seconds to go from clicking the 'sleep' button to actually going to sleep. now its instant. nice!
  • Reply 74 of 121
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

safari and iSync look pretty close to me...

Yeah, actually I realized this morning that I had the left edges not *quite* lined up, and with Safari and iSync at the two furthest points, it looks worse than it is - those two actually match.
  • Reply 75 of 121
    tchwojkotchwojko Posts: 139member
    Aquatic: Yes it probably is dead, but I'll try this first. If it's good enough (30 minutes is all I need), I can spend the $100 for memory for my other mac. Not much to "get over."

8)
  • Reply 76 of 121
    I have a question. I was lining up my apps to take a look at the button disparities, and wondering HOW the hell did they do this??!? What changes were made in 10.2.5 that would specifically cause the button widths to change? We didn't get updated iTunes or iPhoto or iSync, etc. So for what reason were these changes made? I understand they wouldn't do this on purpose, but what changes to an app would directly affect these buttons??

Any thoughts?

-----------------

RosettaStoned
  • Reply 77 of 121
    chromoschromos Posts: 191member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Has anybody noticed any improvement in battery life with 10.2.5? Many laptop users, including me, had noticed drastically shorter battery life (both estimated and actual) after the 10.2.4 update. I installed 10.2.5 on my iBook and battery life still seems dismal. (Yes, I've "conditioned" the battery, reset the PRAM etc.)

Shee-yoot. I was hoping to regain my pre-10.2.4 battery life...

On the other hand, can anyone confirm that the PowerBook's sound hardware no longer sleeps after 30 sec while plugged in? (It still sleeps on battery power though). That's a slight improvement.
  • Reply 78 of 121
    Hi I did just post this in a different thread, but I'll put it here too,

I'm haveing a problem with my Bluetooth after updating to 10.2.5 (using the D-Link DWB-120M adapter). Whenever I wake my iBook from sleep Bluetooth is turned off (it recognises the adapter is there but states in the menu extra and Prefpane that Bluetooth is off) - the only solution is to unplug the adapter then plug it back in again. The same problem occurs on our iMac DV.

Anyone else have this problem?

edit: Done some testing and here's my conclusion which I sent to Apple:

Using the D-Link DWB-120M Bluetooth adapter on Mac OS X v10.2.5.

With the adapter plugged into a USB port on the computer the adapter would not turn on after waking the computer from sleep (Bluetooth menu extra and Prefpane stated that Bluetooth was turned off. The only solution was to unplug then plug the adapter. This problem was reproduced everytime when waking from sleep on an iBook 600Mhz and an iMac DV.

However, if the adapter is plugged into a USB hub (external USB hub or a keyboard hub) then it works correctly when the machine wakes up with no problem.
  • Reply 79 of 121
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murk

I've had several kernel panics since updating. They happen about 5 or 6 minutes after starting. I did a clean install of 10.2 on another hard disk. After updating to 10.2.5, I still get panics when booting from the new system. Now I'm yanking USB devices to see if it could be one of them.

Yes Murk, me too. and it sucks ass. there is a way to fix it though, although I have yet to try it out due to me being at work still. click here to fix your stuff.
  • Reply 80 of 121
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    thankfully that darn date and time problem has been fixed!

now if mail.app would get it's act together... er maybe it's my isp..evil comcast