Combining 2 .avi files, then putting back together

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi all,

I have 2 avi files and there bigger than a 700mb cd, is there anyway to make them fit on cd? like put them together and then slpit them up into smaller files?

-Lil Tope

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    Lil.Tope - If quicktime can read the .AVI files you have then use Quicktime Pro to reduce their file size. You could compress them more using Sorenson 3 or Mpeg4; compress the audio - mono takes half the space; reduce the frame rate by a small amount gives quite big cuts; or try reducing the actual size of the video clips. A combination of the 3 would definitlely do the job.

Have a good mess around with different compression codecs to get the best results. You don't always have to compress a full file to see the results.. just wait for, say, 30 seconds of compression and then stop it. You should have a small file that you can look at to assess wether the quality is any good.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    quicktime wont read them
  • Reply 3 of 5
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    Would this help?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    i will try it

thanks for you help
  • Reply 5 of 5
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    I had to do this once, make qt read them using something like avi2mov. Once it's converted, it no longer is a true divx and most players have trouble playing them, so be warned.