ImagesReady 7.0 still sucks doesn't it?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i'm working on a navigation system for a website, it tests fine in IE until i plug it into my final document, then only 3 of the 9 links work and the rollover don't work anymore.

it works fine in safari except the rollovers don't work

i don't want to buy dreamweaver or fireworks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

i'm working on a navigation system for a website, it tests fine in IE until i plug it into my final document, then only 3 of the 9 links work and the rollover don't work anymore.

it works fine in safari except the rollovers don't work

i don't want to buy dreamweaver or fireworks

Know your code. Check your code. Edit the code. And then re-test, re-test,re-test and re-test. Don't let ImageReady, Fireworks or Dremweaver spit it all out for you.

And don't test it in Safari. It's beta...meaning useless until reaching final and it has a good share of the browser market (if ever...it's a Mac only browser).

I've used ImageReady and it worked fine for me. Had to tweak the code a little but see, you have to know the code.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artman @_@

Know your code. Check your code. Edit the code. And then re-test, re-test,re-test and re-test. Don't let ImageReady, Fireworks or Dremweaver spit it all out for you.

And don't test it in Safari. It's beta...meaning useless until reaching final and it has a good share of the browser market (if ever...it's a Mac only browser).

I've used ImageReady and it worked fine for me. Had to tweak the code a little but see, you have to know the code.

yeah i know Safari is beta but i was just curious...

thanks artman
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I've used ImageReady for a few sites (mostly just to get an idea of what a site will look like) and I've never really had problems with it. One thing you might want to check is the paths for the links...make sure they don't have absolute paths like users/~/desktop/site/image.jpg in them...it's happened to me a few times. Something to look at anyway...I suppose it's also possible that some of the javascript created by ImageReady conflicts with some javascript in the document you're copying the code into.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Codes made by Image Ready is very similar to those made from GoLive 4 and 5....very bulky while useless
  • Reply 5 of 6
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    i hate coding sites, i only like designing them\

i even tried removing the other javascript i had, still didn't work, though a couple more now rollover
  • Reply 6 of 6
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

i hate coding sites, i only like designing them\

i even tried removing the other javascript i had, still didn't work, though a couple more now rollover

Yeah. I hate doing the backend shit. That's why I tend not to bloat a site with it if I don't have to. I keep a text file of java scripts and stuff that I copy, paste and then edit.

Designing is the "easy" part. I have seen the terms web designer//web programmer quickly becoming the term web developer more and more. You have to know a bit of everything to go far in this market right now.

So much so that I'm accepting more print design than web site stuff. Too bad, web design can be really easy and fun to do. Design for print has it's techno mumbo jumbo too. Postscript, fonts and Quark in OS 9...