p.mac won't keep date and time

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
yesterday i used diskwarrior for the very first time (thanks for the reccommedation brad!) and then installed 10.2.4 ever since then my computer won't won't keep the time or day. auto sync time doen't even work. ithink it's a 10.2.4 thing . i seem to recall it was fine after using diskwarrior

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Reset PRAM (Command-Option-P-R at boot boom time) and, if it doesn't help, search <a href="http://www.macfixit.com/"; target="_blank">MacFixIt</a>.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    thanks, that did the trick. i've never had to reset pram before, so i didn't think of it
  • Reply 3 of 10
    problem came back :confused: guess i'll check macfixit

although auto sync worked...

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited by: burningwheel ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 10
    We're having the same problem over here. I searched MacFixit, but couldn't find anything. (Didn't that site go subscription-only? It seems like it's free again)

If you find the answer, please post it here. I'll do the same.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    i read this at macfixit:

Troubleshooting Mac OS X 10.2.4: Fix for Hermstedt WebShuttle DSL; DVD-R drive recognition workarounds; Constant clock resetting

? right pins jumped on the combo drive. Constant clock resetting We've received a number of corroborating reports complaining that after updating to Mac OS X 10.2.4, the system constantly resets itself to the date "Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 EST 1969" afte ?

Date: 02/17/03

sounds like it must be 10.2.4 thing.

macfixit is subscription only
  • Reply 6 of 10
    there's a thread about this in Mac OS X section. apparently not everyone has it
  • Reply 7 of 10
    i am using 9.1, and i have the same problem: everytime i start up my iMac, the time is 12:00am 1904!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Doesn't 10.2.5 fix this issue?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Yes it does, so sayeth Apple.

Update to 10.2.5 and you should be all set.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by starland

i am using 9.1, and i have the same problem: everytime i start up my iMac, the time is 12:00am 1904!

that has to do with your battery. replace it.

iMac (Flat Panel): About the Internal Backup Battery

iMac Power Management Update 1.1: Information and Download

Macintosh Family: Batteries and Part Numbers, Part 2