Elago debuts new Siri Remote case with AirTag holder

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Elago's new protective Siri Remote case features a dedicated spot to place an optional AirTag.

Crafted from silicone, Elago's Siri Remote R5 Case is designed to protect your Siri Remote from drops and drops, as well as scratches and dings.

A wide cutout on the front gives you access to all the buttons, and a bottom cutaway allows you to plug in a Lightning cable for convenient charging. It also includes an optional wrist lanyard.

The case also features an optional back that provides a slot where you can slip an AirTag, which helps to prevent losing your remote in the couch cushions. Of course, you'll need to provide your own AirTag, which will run you $25 if you purchase it directly from Apple.

This case is only compatible with the second-generation Siri Remote and will not fit other Apple TV remotes.

The Elago Siri Remote R5 case is currently available only in black and costs $14.95.

Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast -- and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Apple should be embarrassed. With removing the gyroscope they could have at least added this with all that extra thickness.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    shareef777shareef777 Posts: 136member
    Beats said:
    Apple should be embarrassed. With removing the gyroscope they could have at least added this with all that extra thickness.
    All Apple was looking to add was money in their pockets. And they'll NEVER be embarrassed by that.

Also, remote cases with AirTag holders are available on Amazon for half the price.
    edited July 2021
  • Reply 3 of 8
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Beats said:

Why? Serves no purpose in a remote and they've admittedly ceded the game controller market by making ATV work with virtually every controller on the market.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    hoodjd73hoodjd73 Posts: 16member
    This will be a mute point once apple releases their next Apple TV remote with built in AirTag location technology. Will make finding your remote that much easier by just listening to the chirps. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    How big are people’s couches that necessitate spending an extra $40-$45 to find a misplaced remote? Or is the Apple TV Remote different from all their other remotes and they just like to carry it around the house with them? Yes, Apple should have included this in a $180-$200 streaming box…but they didn’t. Big deal, maybe next time. Until then, it costs nothing to simply remember where I sat the last time I used the damn thing. Odds are, it’s within 2 feet of that location. Suckers. 

Also…it’s ugly af. 
    edited July 2021 badmonk
  • Reply 6 of 8
    tpurdytpurdy Posts: 40member
    Should have been included. Must need something to add in a couple years. Can we also get wireless charging please? I’ve moved on from lightning, except when my remote needs to be charged. 

Seems like they had an innovative remote with the touch pad version when it was introduced. Maybe they added the size and weight to be more like other remotes… :( 

Overall I don’t hate the new remote but I could care less about a mute button. I can just pause it :) 

edited July 2021 Japhey
  • Reply 7 of 8
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    tpurdy said:
    Should have been included. Must need something to add in a couple years. Can we also get wireless charging please? I’ve moved on from lightning, except when my remote needs to be charged. 

Seems like they had an innovative remote with the touch pad version when it was introduced. Maybe they added the size and weight to be more like other remotes… :( 

Overall I don’t hate the new remote but I could care less about a mute button. I can just pause it :) 

Personally, I’m Team Mute Button. But I agree with everything else you said. I also hope they bring back the gyroscope and add the remote to my battery widgets. 
    watto_cobratpurdy
  • Reply 8 of 8
    tpurdytpurdy Posts: 40member
    Japhey said:
    tpurdy said:

Personally, I’m Team Mute Button. But I agree with everything else you said. I also hope they bring back the gyroscope and add the remote to my battery widgets. 
    Include remote battery in widgets! Genius! 
    watto_cobra