First teaser for 'The Problem with Jon Stewart' roasts Jeff Bezos, Richard Branson

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited July 2021
Jon Stewart has shared a teaser of his upcoming Apple TV+ show mocking recent trips to space made by billionaires Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson.

Credit: Jon Stewart/Apple TV+
Credit: Jon Stewart/Apple TV+

The three-minute clip of "The Problem with Jon Stewart," which is slated to debut on Apple TV+ in September, is a comedy skit lampooning the billionaire space race. It stars Jason Alexander as Jeff Bezos and a mop as Richard Branson.

Sorry for the aborted launch!!! I'm a bad twitterer.
Enjoy this small step for man! pic.twitter.com/6gBHHJLByQ

-- Jon Stewart (@jonstewart)

It isn't clear how exactly the clip relates to Stewart's show, which is described as a one-hour, single-issue series exploring topics that are "part of the national conversation and [Stewart's] advocacy work." In addition to the show, "The Problem with Jon Stewart" will also include a companion podcast.

Although it isn't clear what form the show will take, it seems like it will be at least somewhat similar in form to Stewart's "The Daily Show." For example, the show is filmed before a live audience, since tickets have been distributed for filming dates in July.

Earlier in 2021, Stewart began lining up his staff for the new show, including head writer Chelsea Devantez, who is known for her work on "The Opposition with Jordan Klepper" and "Bless This Mess."

Devantez also tweeted about the Apple TV+ teaser, stating that the show had inadvertently filmed the Bezos character wearing a cowboy hat weeks before the billionaire's actual space trip on Tuesday.

We filmed the hat weeks ago pic.twitter.com/OsJ8iIkTdY

-- Chelsea Devantez (@chelseadevantez)

Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast -- and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 691member
    This is totally disrespectful to these billionaires who basically kinda recreated an event that Alan Shepard achieved sixty years ago.
    applguyArchStantonauxio
  • Reply 2 of 14
    ppietrappietra Posts: 288member
    don’t know why "facebook" is there, but the cat does make it so much better, it gives an aura of a villain. And the puny lasers, gosh, true toys for grown men, though maybe they should have put a flamethrower one the SpaceXDick.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    viclauyycviclauyyc Posts: 849member
    Leave Elon alone!

Seriously, he is the only one able to reach the orbit and send stuff up. And he did it few years ago. 

And he is the only one don’t care about if himself go to the space. 
    minicoffeeseanjbaconstangbyronl
  • Reply 4 of 14
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    viclauyyc said:
    Leave Elon alone!

Seriously, he is the only one able to reach the orbit and send stuff up. And he did it few years ago. 

You realise NASA went to the moon, right?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    seanjseanj Posts: 318member
    crowley said:
    viclauyyc said:
    Leave Elon alone!

You realise NASA went to the moon, right?
    You realise NASA are depending on SpaceX to get them back to the moon…
    and that Elon will probably beat them to Mars…
    baconstangbyronl
  • Reply 6 of 14
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Was this supposed to be funny? I tried to smile once, just to justify wasting 3 minutes of my day, but it just felt forced. 
    edited July 2021 byronl
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Japhey said:
    Was this supposed to be funny? I tried to smile once, just to justify wasting 3 minutes of my day, but it just felt forced. 
    He said “dick”. Didn’t that make you laugh?
    stourquebyronl
  • Reply 8 of 14
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Japhey said:
    He said “dick”. Didn’t that make you laugh?
    I laughed more at your comment than I did watching the video. 
    byronldope_ahmine
  • Reply 9 of 14
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    Clearly they’re both keen to get away from the mess they made down here.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    How offensive can you get? Sorry to see Apple stopping so low. 
  • Reply 11 of 14
    What was offensive?  Penis shaped rockets?
  • Reply 12 of 14
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    There was a petition signed by over 20K people to not let Bezos return to Earth. I guess that petition didn’t get the job done.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,125member
    crowley said:
    He better not watch the John Dillermand (Web Exclusive) clip from John Oliver then…
  • Reply 14 of 14
    mknelson said:
    crowley said:
    He better not watch the John Dillermand (Web Exclusive) clip from John Oliver then…
    If penis shaped rockets offend you, the n your problem isn't with Jon Steweart, it's with rockets.