'iPhone 13 Pro' to come in new colors, including bronze-like 'Sunset Gold'

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited September 2021
An apparent supply chain leak is corroborating rumors that Apple's higher-end "iPhone 13" models could be offered in new colors like "sunset gold," matte black, and a pale rose gold.

Credit: Max Weinbach
Credit: Max Weinbach

The information was posted on a Korean-language message board by leaker Ranzuk. Citing a Chinese supply chain source, the post claims that Apple's "iPhone 13 Pro" will be offered in four colors: black, silver, rose gold, and sunset gold.

According to the post, the sunset gold color will have a "bronze feel," while the rose gold "looks very pale."

These new color options will likely only apply to the higher-end "iPhone 13 Pro" models. Currently, the iPhone 12 Pro. is offered in graphite, silver, gold, and Pacific Blue. In all likelihood, the mid-range "iPhone 13" models will continue to come in a variety of colorful hues.

The leak corroborates a previous rumor suggesting that the "iPhone 13 Pro" would come in a new bronze-like color option. That previous rumor also indicated that the black "iPhone 13 Pro" model would be matte, suggesting a shift away from the graphite color of the current Pro lineup.

Apple is set to release new iPhone models sometime in the latter half of 2021, possibly in September. The so-called "iPhone 13" is rumored to sport a smaller notch, an updated camera bump, and other incremental upgrades over the iPhone 12 Pro.

Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast -- and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,925member
    It always amazes me how a color is a major selling point for a new iPhone model
    drdaviddarkvader
  • Reply 2 of 9
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    I am going to keep my XS Max until the "iPhone 14" but I like the rumored look of the Sunset Gold.  I tend to mix up my colors from phone to phone.  My XS is gold, which replaced a Black 7 plus, which replaced a rose gold 6S which replaced a gold 6plus.  The current Blue would have been my choice if I'd gone for the 12 pro series 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 9
    doozydozendoozydozen Posts: 539member
    MplsP said:
    I mean, I’m always excited to see if the vehicle I like inspires me more when the manufacturer releases the next year models in updated colors. Colored has deep psychological attachments for people. Color sparks emotions. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 9
    doozydozendoozydozen Posts: 539member
    chadbag said:
    I am going to keep my XS Max until the "iPhone 14" but I like the rumored look of the Sunset Gold.  I tend to mix up my colors from phone to phone.  My XS is gold, which replaced a Black 7 plus, which replaced a rose gold 6S which replaced a gold 6plus.  The current Blue would have been my choice if I'd gone for the 12 pro series 
    Doesn’t the rumor make it’s seem like the upcoming “sunset gold” will look a lot like the rich bronze-like gold of your iPhone XS Max?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    I bought the Blue Series 6 Apple Watch after just bought a Gold Series 5 because I had to have a Blue watch. But it turned out to be a great choice because Series 6 watches charge in 100 minutes and last 40-48 hours.

I also am keeping my 512GB Gold XS Max because I want a 1TB storage model. But I can see holding out for an iPhone 14 as long as it’ll still have a Lightning connector. 14 might use a 3nm processor. So that, along with all that would bring to the party, would be worth waiting for. 

I Just keep remembering that rumor about portless iPhones. I am 100% anti-magnetic charging. USB C might keep me waiting but I have a LOT of Lightning accessories.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 9
    iadlibiadlib Posts: 95member
    Bout damn time. The pro versions have been ugly color wise for far too long. 
    nadriel
  • Reply 7 of 9
    iadlib said:
    Bout damn time. The pro versions have been ugly color wise for far too long. 
    I think my Silver iPhone (looks like a Pearl finish) is really sublime. The combination of the off-White back and steel sides looks very classy.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 9
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    MplsP said:
    Especially when the vast majority of iPhones get put into opaque cases. If Apple offered $100 off for phones with whatever color is cheapest for them to produce, I would buy it, or at least put the extra money into upgrading to more storage or accessories, like a couple of fancy cases. There are hundreds of millions of pretty colored iPhones out there - but you’d never know it. 
    darkvaderwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 9
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    dewme said:
    MplsP said:
    Especially when the vast majority of iPhones get put into opaque cases. If Apple offered $100 off for phones with whatever color is cheapest for them to produce, I would buy it, or at least put the extra money into upgrading to more storage or accessories, like a couple of fancy cases. There are hundreds of millions of pretty colored iPhones out there - but you’d never know it. 

As long as the bezel is black, I don't care what color the rest of the phone is.  I'll just put it in a black case and be done with the problem.