124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    America's loose network or private and privately controlled data hubs makes for prime hunting grounds for international hackers.   They can pick and choose which to hack based on both the value of the data and how well it is protected.   Meanwhile, our government has little or no knowledge of the data nor how it is protected.

China though appears to be going in the opposite direction.   From Reuters:

THE FIFTH FACTOR

Plans for a state-controlled data market have been in the works for years.

In a closed-door 2017 meeting, President Xi Jinping urged policymakers to research global data governance and "propose a Chinese plan" for "opening, transacting, and confirming the ownership and property protection rights for data."

The project was supercharged in April 2020, when a State Council document declared data would be the fifth "factor of production" - on par with labour, technology, land and capital in terms of national economic resources.

That was quickly followed by the draft Data Security Law, which mandates mass auditing of big data.

So China sees data as a national asset -- on par with "labour, technology, land and capital" where the central government oversees it and protects it.  It sounds like they have a plan.

Do we? 
    (Unfortunately, bluster and outrage are not a plan)

I'm thinking that you misread what NATO stated in its actual press release;

I'll make more popcorn.

Funny, the post you responded to neither said nor suggested anything about NATO.   But it triggered you to go on another "I hate China", "China is evil" rampage -- again...

Sorry.

Hey, look what your PRC pal's have been up to;

https://www.propublica.org/article/operation-fox-hunt-how-china-exports-repression-using-a-network-of-spies-hidden-in-plain-sight

On the hunt again, the cop from Wuhan rolled into New Jersey on a secret reconnaissance mission.

Hu Ji watched the suburban landscape glide past the highway. He was in his early 40s, about 6-foot-1, smooth and confident-looking. His cases had led from Fiji to France to Mexico, making headlines back home. The work was riskier here; in fact, it was illegal. But he knew the turf. He’d identified himself as a Chinese police officer on his tourist visa, and the Americans hadn’t given him any trouble. Sometimes, it was best to hide in plain sight.

Hu’s driver took an exit into a wooded subdivision, cruising by big homes set back from the two-lane road that wound through one of the country’s wealthiest enclaves. The driver was a new recruit, a boyish-looking Chinese immigrant in his late 20s who lived in Queens and called himself Johnny. Johnny’s uncle in Houston had been a target of Hu’s covert team. Two months earlier, they had “persuaded” the uncle, a former chief accountant for a provincial aviation agency, to return to China to stand trial for alleged crimes. Hu had essentially offered a brutal deal to Johnny and his relatives: If you want to help your family, help us destroy someone else’s.

So in September 2016, Johnny became an indentured spy. He’d already done surveillance to prepare for this visit. Stopping the car, Johnny pointed out the location. The cop surveyed the large lawn, the trees flanking a brick path, the two-story house behind bushes.

Don’t tell anyone you brought me here, he said.

But, but, peace loving....

You seem to be trying to turn ai into an extension and tool of your hate of anything and everything Chinese.
    You postings appear to be an actual extension of the PRC.

I have never implied, or stated, that I hate everything Chinese. You decided to label me a China hater because you can't argue facts to counter China's Militarism, and Authoritarianism.

Sad..

If you believe that you are more deluded than I thought -- although I noticed you parsed your words pretty carefully there...
    Oh now you've done it again. You made me post more anti-PRC links;

NEW: China has built enough space to detain 1 million Muslims. After locating the network of camps in Xinjiang last year, we got China’s prison building regs and began to reverse engineer what they had built.

https://project2049.net/2021/07/22/hostile-harbors-taiwans-ports-and-pla-invasion-plans/
    The scale of an all-out Taiwan (Republic of China, ROC) invasion by the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) military—the People’s Liberation Army (PLA)—defies human comprehension and would likely eclipse any historical comparison. In this important contribution to the field, Senior Director Ian Easton analyzes Chinese military studies frameworks and internal PLA documents to answer pressing questions that will help Taiwan and the United States both understand and better plan for potential crisis scenarios. He highlights the centrality of ROC port facilities—and Taiwan’s ability to defend them—in the PLA’s potential invasion plans for Taiwan, illustrating likely operational strategies explored by PLA leadership. In addition to postulating ports likely targeted in a PLA invasion, he provides recommendations that the Taiwanese government could undertake to ensure its port infrastructure security, as well as recommendations for the United States on how to be a supportive partner to Taiwan in that effort.

Your hatred is easily triggered -- always has been.  But now you're making yourself look foolish.
  • Reply 62 of 67
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,340member
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    America's loose network or private and privately controlled data hubs makes for prime hunting grounds for international hackers.   They can pick and choose which to hack based on both the value of the data and how well it is protected.   Meanwhile, our government has little or no knowledge of the data nor how it is protected.

THE FIFTH FACTOR

In a closed-door 2017 meeting, President Xi Jinping urged policymakers to research global data governance and "propose a Chinese plan" for "opening, transacting, and confirming the ownership and property protection rights for data."

The project was supercharged in April 2020, when a State Council document declared data would be the fifth "factor of production" - on par with labour, technology, land and capital in terms of national economic resources.

That was quickly followed by the draft Data Security Law, which mandates mass auditing of big data.

So China sees data as a national asset -- on par with "labour, technology, land and capital" where the central government oversees it and protects it.  It sounds like they have a plan.

Do we? 

I'll make more popcorn.

Funny, the post you responded to neither said nor suggested anything about NATO.   But it triggered you to go on another "I hate China", "China is evil" rampage -- again...

Sorry.

https://www.propublica.org/article/operation-fox-hunt-how-china-exports-repression-using-a-network-of-spies-hidden-in-plain-sight

On the hunt again, the cop from Wuhan rolled into New Jersey on a secret reconnaissance mission.

Hu Ji watched the suburban landscape glide past the highway. He was in his early 40s, about 6-foot-1, smooth and confident-looking. His cases had led from Fiji to France to Mexico, making headlines back home. The work was riskier here; in fact, it was illegal. But he knew the turf. He’d identified himself as a Chinese police officer on his tourist visa, and the Americans hadn’t given him any trouble. Sometimes, it was best to hide in plain sight.

Hu’s driver took an exit into a wooded subdivision, cruising by big homes set back from the two-lane road that wound through one of the country’s wealthiest enclaves. The driver was a new recruit, a boyish-looking Chinese immigrant in his late 20s who lived in Queens and called himself Johnny. Johnny’s uncle in Houston had been a target of Hu’s covert team. Two months earlier, they had “persuaded” the uncle, a former chief accountant for a provincial aviation agency, to return to China to stand trial for alleged crimes. Hu had essentially offered a brutal deal to Johnny and his relatives: If you want to help your family, help us destroy someone else’s.

So in September 2016, Johnny became an indentured spy. He’d already done surveillance to prepare for this visit. Stopping the car, Johnny pointed out the location. The cop surveyed the large lawn, the trees flanking a brick path, the two-story house behind bushes.

You seem to be trying to turn ai into an extension and tool of your hate of anything and everything Chinese.

I have never implied, or stated, that I hate everything Chinese. You decided to label me a China hater because you can't argue facts to counter China's Militarism, and Authoritarianism.

Sad..

If you believe that you are more deluded than I thought -- although I noticed you parsed your words pretty carefully there...

NEW: China has built enough space to detain 1 million Muslims. After locating the network of camps in Xinjiang last year, we got China’s prison building regs and began to reverse engineer what they had built.

https://project2049.net/2021/07/22/hostile-harbors-taiwans-ports-and-pla-invasion-plans/
    The scale of an all-out Taiwan (Republic of China, ROC) invasion by the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) military—the People’s Liberation Army (PLA)—defies human comprehension and would likely eclipse any historical comparison. In this important contribution to the field, Senior Director Ian Easton analyzes Chinese military studies frameworks and internal PLA documents to answer pressing questions that will help Taiwan and the United States both understand and better plan for potential crisis scenarios. He highlights the centrality of ROC port facilities—and Taiwan’s ability to defend them—in the PLA’s potential invasion plans for Taiwan, illustrating likely operational strategies explored by PLA leadership. In addition to postulating ports likely targeted in a PLA invasion, he provides recommendations that the Taiwanese government could undertake to ensure its port infrastructure security, as well as recommendations for the United States on how to be a supportive partner to Taiwan in that effort.

Your hatred is easily triggered -- always has been.  But now you're making yourself look foolish.
    Every time you say "hate" or  "hatred", I'll post another link to PRC authoritarianism, because frankly, you've given up responding as an adult.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chinese-prosecutor-charged-alleged-plot-intimidate-citizens-return-china-2021-07-22/

WASHINGTON, July 22 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Thursday accused a prosecutor employed by the Chinese government of traveling to the United States to direct a harassment campaign aimed at bullying Chinese residents to return home to face criminal charges.

Tu Lan, 50, who served as a prosecutor with the Hanyang People’s Procuratorate, is the latest defendant in a sprawling investigation that has led to charges against nine people accused of participating in a covert operation to conduct surveillance on, harass, stalk and coerce Chinese people living in the United States to return to China through a repatriation effort known as "Operation Fox Hunt."

China's foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said on Friday the United State was slandering the country's efforts to pursue criminal suspects overseas.

The PRC is always with the "slander" and "smears"; you always with the "hate". 

Boring.
    edited July 2021
  • Reply 63 of 67
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:

THE FIFTH FACTOR

Do we? 

I'll make more popcorn.

Sorry.

Sad..

Really? Foolish?

Proof again, that you don't believe in human rights, but then again, who knows what your agenda is.
  • Reply 64 of 67
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:

THE FIFTH FACTOR

Do we? 

I'll make more popcorn.

Sorry.

Sad..

Really? Foolish?

Proof again, that you don't believe in human rights, but then again, who knows what your agenda is.

My agenda is clear:   "Do the right things" -- Rather than follow some ideology that teaches and is driven by fear and hate.
  • Reply 65 of 67
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:

THE FIFTH FACTOR

Do we? 

I'll make more popcorn.

Sorry.

Sad..

Really? Foolish?

My agenda is clear:   "Do the right things" -- Rather than follow some ideology that teaches and is driven by fear and hate.
    Your "do the right thing" leans very authoritarian, and I reiterate that you have been misusing "fear and hate" at every chance, to the effect that it has become meaningless.
    edited July 2021
  • Reply 66 of 67
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:

THE FIFTH FACTOR

Do we? 

I'll make more popcorn.

Sorry.

Sad..

Really? Foolish?

Your "do the right thing" leans very authoritarian, and I reiterate that you have been misuing "fear and hate" at every chance, to the effect that it has become meaningless.

I doubt that you have any idea of the difference between right and wrong.   Instead you subscribe to some ideology you picked up somewhere and become incensed at any challenges to it.
  • Reply 67 of 67
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:

THE FIFTH FACTOR

Do we? 

I'll make more popcorn.

Sorry.

Sad..

Really? Foolish?

Your "do the right thing" leans very authoritarian, and I reiterate that you have been misuing "fear and hate" at every chance, to the effect that it has become meaningless.

I doubt that you have any idea of the difference between right and wrong.   Instead you subscribe to some ideology you picked up somewhere and become incensed at any challenges to it.
    Yeah, I'm sure you are correct... /s