Apple gives 11 reasons why business users should choose Mac

Posted:
in macOS edited July 2021
In an updated webpage, Apple has laid out 11 reasons why business users should choose a Mac as their primary work computer, including better performance, battery life, and security.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

The webpage, "11 Reasons Mac means business," highlights some of the benefits of the Mac for a business or enterprise environment. Apple's M1 chip occupies the first and second "reasons" on the page because "it's that powerful."

Additional business benefits of a Mac include easy device management, built-in security, long battery life, and lower operating costs in the long-term.

Apple also notes that 84% of the world's top innovative businesses rely on Mac, including Salesforce, SAP, and Target.

Along with the updated website, Apple has also published a new M1 overview for business users. The document touts the chip's performance, including the fact that it offers up to 2x faster Excel performance, 50% faster web app responsiveness, and 2x longer battery life when using Zoom.

Earlier in 2021, Apple published a consumer-focused "Why Mac" webpage giving users a tour of Mac features and benefits.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Nothing lasts forever, not even Windows’ dominance in business. Why some assume Windows will dominate forever is strange. Linux rules the server world. Who’s to say Apple can’t continue to grow in the enterprise?
    edited July 2021 williamlondonAlex_Vwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 2 of 9
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,316member
    They need reason 12 - lets call it AppleWork+ or  iCloud for business.

Office Apps without 4 billion configurations screens by the time you include all the Classic ones because the modern ones aren't fully functional. So you really don't need an IT department. Shared groups/email without at 6 interfaces to set up (and then another 2 for each group member). Shared apps from the apps store tied to the staff account. 

What do apple use in house surely not a competitors product?

Alex_Vwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 9
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    lkrupp said:
    Nothing lasts forever, not even Windows’ dominance in business. Why some assume Windows will dominate forever is strange. Linux rules the server world. Who’s to say Apple can’t continue to grow in the enterprise?
    Windows’ dominance in IT has little to do with product capability and everything to do with practice  & job preservation.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 9
    No chance, they missed out the most important point; helping the IT department stay relevant.
    macapfelwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 9
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,571member
    I want to see Apple win, but it does have some long term threats. 1. Disney. 2. Google. 3. Valve.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    opinionopinion Posts: 103member
    Good initiative but why would bigoted IT-departments and managers reconsider their no mac policies because of this? I guess they won’t even visit the website.
    edited July 2021 Alex_Vwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 9
    danvmdanvm Posts: 1,409member
    mcdave said:
    lkrupp said:
    Windows’ dominance in IT has little to do with product capability and everything to do with practice  & job preservation.
    I think Windows dominance in IT has to do with product capability.  There is no other company with the enterprise / business ecosystem that MS have.  I understand when people have Apple products because of how well they integrate.  The same can be said of MS, and how well their ecosystem integrate.  I can see why IT people still with MS for the business / enterprises.      
    muthuk_vanalingamIreneW
  • Reply 8 of 9
    boboliciousbobolicious Posts: 1,146member
    danvm said:
    mcdave said:
    lkrupp said:
    I think Windows dominance in IT has to do with product capability.  There is no other company with the enterprise / business ecosystem that MS have.  I understand when people have Apple products because of how well they integrate.  The same can be said of MS, and how well their ecosystem integrate.  I can see why IT people still with MS for the business / enterprises.      
    Issues from this seat:
    - annual 'upgrade' cycle (since 2011) making the mac much more 'plug and pray' and a 3 year support cycle (is it W10 that now 'just works?)
    - dropped apps requiring workflow reinvention, migration, training, licensing, risk of compatibility and consistency
      iWeb, iPhoto, Aperture, iWork (iCloud transition), iBooks Author, QTVR and even Apple Server... This all costs blood, sweat, tears, time and money
    - limited business software (accounting comes to mind)
    - locked down hardware (both functional upgrades or adjustments & repair costs)
    - no support road map
    - privacy risk (all roads increasingly via Apple iCloud servers, irrespective of the policy subject change, to outages and hacking)

There is a lot to like about the mac yet increasingly I am more concerned about the vertical apps to just be able to focus on getting the work done.

It has been great for shareholders, and some could argue that is the best measure... Let the flames begin...

For consideration: You’re Soaking in It – Transitions Film Festival
    Imagine the verifiable (valuable) data Apple has, encrypted or otherwise - personal photos in Contacts iCloud synced by unknown others, for example...
    edited July 2021 williamlondon
  • Reply 9 of 9
    danvm said:
    mcdave said:
    lkrupp said:
    Precisely, Apple integration helps customers do their jobs & MS integration helps IT departments keep their jobs (whilst preventing the actual customers doing their jobs).
    jony0