Real Pic Of iPod? (pic inside)

Comments

• Reply 41 of 143
    inkheadinkhead Posts: 155member
    It's not an iPod is a prototype 1 of the webpad appliance that apple has already shipped off to overseas manufactures. It's designed to hold sideways not in the direction he is holding it.
  • Reply 42 of 143
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    If it is real, then the bad photo must be the result of sneaking a picture and guessing the angle wrong.

But even if it IS real, it may never be a shipping product: there are whole coffee table books about cool Apple gizmos that Apple made and never sold. It could be a prototype that never sells--or never in the form seen there.

The width seen looks like about 3-4"--NOT the size described in detail at MacWhispers, which is about 5.5" by over 7". It could be the iPod dimensions turned sideways--but that would leave a narrow window like a calculator, not useful for lists.

The "X" could be Apple's way of not letting people miss the button--maybe some think it's just the hub of the wheel. (An odd label to choose--but that's VERY changebale from a prototype.) And the wheel certainly does not move--current iPods are more like trackpads that way.

Clever, if it's a fake, to show such a tantalizingly small portion, not even the screen. Also--it's NOT simply a change of the front face of an iPod--the corners are more rounded than the iPod.

Hmm.... Not as fun as iWalk, but still fun!
  • Reply 43 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by lungaretta

ok as demonstration to what i'm saying:

I'd say it's a simply fake. If rotate your iPod 90 degree it has the exact size of what we see and it it explains why the upper part is cut of, simply because there is none.

End of Line
  • Reply 44 of 143
    frostymmbfrostymmb Posts: 131member
    Quote:

Originally posted by User Tron

I'd say it's a simply fake. If rotate your iPod 90 degree it has the exact size of what we see and it it explains why the upper part is cut of, simply because there is none.

End of Line

I just rotated my iPod in my hand, and no, it surely does not have dimensions even close to what we see.
  • Reply 45 of 143
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    The Squeege your title is complete BS. Just look at the pic. I've seen way better fakes.
  • Reply 46 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by FrostyMMB

I just rotated my iPod in my hand, and no, it surely does not have dimensions even close to what we see.

Well I did too and in my hand the dimensions fit. It's a matter of the size of your hand of course.

End of Line
  • Reply 47 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by inkhead

It's not an iPod is a prototype 1 of the webpad appliance that apple has already shipped off to overseas manufactures. It's designed to hold sideways not in the direction he is holding it.

MmmMmm... MmMMmm....

Quote:

Originally posted by The_Squeege

I like how you are just able to something in the top left corner.. A screen maybe?
  • Reply 48 of 143
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Quote:

Originally posted by User Tron

If rotate your iPod 90 degree it has the exact size of what we see

I won't say it's real, I can't tell--but FWIW the case shown isn't an iPod turned sideways. Look at the corners: rounded much wider than an iPod turned 90 degrees.
  • Reply 49 of 143
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    The device in the picture looks about the size of a Newton 2000 to me.

That may be an optical illusion, I'm not sure. All I know is not to call anything (not obviously a fake) a fake. I learned that lesson with the Quicksilver prototype photos.

Barto
  • Reply 50 of 143
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Another post from the same person... (for what it's worth)

SpyMac Link

Dave
  • Reply 51 of 143
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Aw come on people!

This is an OBVIOUS FAKE!

Think about it, some guy finds a cheap hand held game or something that looks a bit like an iPod, takes a badly focused and mis-cropped pic of it making sure to include an Apple Pro Keyboard in shot to fuel the speculation, then puts it up on a rumor site.

Total bullsh!t.
  • Reply 52 of 143
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    uggh.. what an ugly POS.

THIS guy is definately making some "plastics" now and trying to pull some legs in the process.....
  • Reply 53 of 143
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Looks like a cigar case to me.
  • Reply 54 of 143
    Recemblence? (Or how its spelled)

Googie Go
  • Reply 55 of 143
    Heres a new pic from the guy...doesn't look very apple like to me...but maybe its a prototype.

• Reply 56 of 143
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    If the iPod design is really changed, this will make my current iPod a classic.
  • Reply 57 of 143
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    http://www.googiedrives.com/go/

reeinforcing T'hain Esh Kelch
  • Reply 58 of 143
    Do you have a pic of the back of the googie thing? Their site doesn't wanna load anything for me.
  • Reply 59 of 143
    Quote:

Well I did too and in my hand the dimensions fit. It's a matter of the size of your hand of course.

Right you are. That makes it tough for us to judge the size.
  • Reply 60 of 143
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Well, it seemed promising at first, but I think, now that I've looked at (1) the size, (2) the black markings, (3) the stupid angle and blurriness, and (4) this new picture which obviously has something to do with the first, that this is a sham and has nothing to do with the next iPod.

It was fun for about 2 minutes. Moving on.