Two new Macs, 'Apple Watch Series 7' pop up in regulatory filings

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited August 2021
Ahead of any announcement from Apple, the Eurasian Economic Commission has added details for two new Mac models, plus the "Apple Watch Series 7."

Apple devices have to be registered in the EEC regulatory database before they can be sold in that territory, so a listing there is always an early sign of a release. It is not a certainty, nor is there a typical timescale between listing and launch.

However, typically an EEC entry will be only weeks ahead of an Apple launch. The database is also extremely concise, with no more than an internal Apple model number, and the briefest of descriptions.

In this case, there are 19 "new" entries in the database, but 17 are previously-released models that need to be re-listed with new operating systems from Apple imminent. The two unknown "Apple brand laptop personal computers," have numbers A2442 and A2485.

They are listed as running "macOS 12."

At the same time, the EEC database has listed six previously unknown devices as "personal wearable electronic devices of the Apple brand." They are models A2473, A2474, A2475, A2476, A2477, A2478, and are presumed to be the forthcoming "Apple Watch Series 7."

The Apple Watch entries also confirm that these models run watchOS 8. So do a total of 26 new wearables listed in the database, but again, most are existing devices that are re-registered because of their new software.

Similarly, a total of 42 "new" iPhones have been registered in the latest update to the database. However, all 42 are reissues with the addition of iOS 15.

The updated entries were first spotted by French site Consomac, which speculates the new Macs may be M1X models.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,564member
    We need to Watch for the MAChines.
    h4y3sh2p
  • Reply 2 of 12
    h2ph2p Posts: 329member
    Glad to hear there will be a 16" MBP. M1X ASi. Just looked up the current model identifiers and it looks like the other is an updated 13" MBP.

Still waiting for a 30" ASi iMac to choose from before I decide.
    williamlondonpatchythepirate
  • Reply 3 of 12
    KuyangkohKuyangkoh Posts: 838member
    I will skip for Awatch 7 unless there is blood sugar sensor…..ehehehe
    williamlondoncaladanianMork
  • Reply 4 of 12
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    But… but…. Where is my 27+” desktop iMac with M1X processor? 😭
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    I’d quite like an Apple Watch that won’t die in a sauna. 
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Remember saunas?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    nadrielnadriel Posts: 92member
    Rayz2016 said:
    That’d be the thing, but in our current disappointing reality; no watch should be worn in sauna. 

Your next comment, is there a sauna-gate or was that just a general question? I mean a sauna-gate would be hilarious. 
    lkrupp
  • Reply 8 of 12
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    nadriel said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    That’d be the thing, but in our current disappointing reality; no watch should be worn in sauna. 

Your next comment, is there a sauna-gate or was that just a general question? I mean a sauna-gate would be hilarious. 
    Tim Apple showers with his.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Rayz2016 said:
    Then don’t push for right-to-repair where we go back to gaskets and screws.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    lkrupp said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    I have never pushed for right-to-repair. If you don’t like the way Apple builds kit then buy different kit. Apple isn’t the only game in town. 
  • Reply 11 of 12
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    lkrupp said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    Gaskets?  The things that are designed to prevent leakage?  That sounds like a pretty good idea.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Nice.  Can't wait to buy the 6 for cheap from my coworker who always buys the latest and greatest apple whatever.  i'm always a year behind but I save 80-90% as he just practically gives it away to me for lunch or something.  My coworker and others like him are the reason I invest in their stock.  :D