One-year Apple TV+ subscription offered to T-Mobile customers

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited August 2021
T-Mobile is providing its subscribers with a one-year subscription to Apple TV for free, with all existing and new customers standing to benefit from August 25.

Announced on Monday, the promotion offers 12 months of Apple TV+ to its customers, at no charge. Starting from August 25, subscribers are able to claim the deal from T-Mobile, and use it to watch shows such as "Ted Lasso" and "Mythic Quest."

"T-Mobile customers can now enjoy Apple TV+ for a full year, and watch right in the Apple TV app across all their favorite devices," said Peter Stern, Apple's VP of Services. "Apple TV+ has the highest-rated originals of any streaming service, so we are excited that millions of T-Mobile customers will be able to take advantage of this offer."

The offer is available to all existing and new T-Mobile customers on its Magenta and Magenta Max plans, along with small T-Mobile for Business, Magenta Military, Magenta First Responders, and Magenta 55+ customers. The promotion is also available for users of Sprint on the Sprint Unlimited Plus and Premium plans.

Rather than being an introductory offer, the 12 months free will also be provided to those who are currently subscribed to Apple TV+, or had previously done so but let the subscription lapse.

Customers on applicable plans wanting to take up the offer have to log into T-Mobile's promotions website and use the promo code 2021APPLETVP1 to receive the free year, on or after August 25.

Apple previously provided an offer of 12 months of free Apple TV+ access with purchases of select Apple hardware. In June, Apple cut the free period down to three months.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member
    A year free? Wow....

Looks like I'll give Apple TV+ another shot.
    edited August 2021 pulseimagesronn
  • Reply 2 of 14
    My free Apple TV+ subscription lapses in January. Anyone have done this already to see if it extends the subscription?

• Already have a subscription or trial in the works or in the past? No worries, you can still get 12 months of Apple TV+ from T-Mobile AND keep all your past history and purchases saved thanks to your Apple ID.

If not, I will want until after my sub lapses as the offer to get it ends next July.

*$4.99/month after free trial. One subscription per T-Mobile account. Redeem before 7/31/22. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply. Visit apple.com/promo for more information.
    ronn
  • Reply 3 of 14
    My free Apple TV+ subscription lapses in January. Anyone have done this already to see if it extends the subscription?

• Already have a subscription or trial in the works or in the past? No worries, you can still get 12 months of Apple TV+ from T-Mobile AND keep all your past history and purchases saved thanks to your Apple ID.

If not, I will want until after my sub lapses as the offer to get it ends next July.

*$4.99/month after free trial. One subscription per T-Mobile account. Redeem before 7/31/22. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply. Visit apple.com/promo for more information.
    From the article: "Rather than being an introductory offer, the 12 months free will also be provided to those who are currently subscribed to Apple TV+..."

pulseimagesronnentropys
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Cool, this totally makes up for the fact that T-Mobile has piss poor server security. 
  • Reply 5 of 14
    jamnapjamnap Posts: 89member
    here is what i got when i clicked on the tmo promo link.  A bit scary after learning i am victim of the recent huge data breach at tmo.  
  • Reply 6 of 14
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    jamnap said:
    here is what i got when i clicked on the tmo promo link.  A bit scary after learning i am victim of the recent huge data breach at tmo.  
    It's a wrongly formatted link, it should be without the www at the start: https://promotions.t-mobile.com/
    fotoformatronnforgot username
  • Reply 7 of 14
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,924member
    How about a decade of free credit monitoring? Or credit repair services when you're the victim of identity theft?
  • Reply 8 of 14
    What about T-Mobile MVNOs?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    gatorguy said:

From the article: "Rather than being an introductory offer, the 12 months free will also be provided to those who are currently subscribed to Apple TV+..."

Sure, but I asked if anybody has tried it. I just wanted to see if it actually extents the subscription.....
  • Reply 10 of 14
    gatorguy said:

Sure, but I asked if anybody has tried it. I just wanted to see if it actually extents the subscription.....
    Again, based on the article I read here :) they almost certainly will....

"...on or after August 25" when the offer becomes active.  See the second to last parargraph.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    ricmacricmac Posts: 65member
    gatorguy said:

Tomorrow dude.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Just tried it and it’s not working saying my current subscription doesn’t qualify for the promotion.  I’m currently subscribed to the Apple One Premier tier of service.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    ronnronn Posts: 653member
    Enviro G said:
    Just tried it and it’s not working saying my current subscription doesn’t qualify for the promotion.  I’m currently subscribed to the Apple One Premier tier of service.
    From several people reporting online, it appears that Apple One subscribers don't qualify. Guess you could cancel and qualify if you can get a refund.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    Speaking of "One" not qualifying, I have an old T-Mobile One Plus subscription which is not eligible as it no longer exists — but I'm not giving that up as it's cheaper and has better benefits than the newer plans (go figure).