New 'See' featurette debuts before series premiere on August 27

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
The cast and crew of Apple TV+ science-fiction drama "See" sit down in a new featurette to discuss what the second season has in store.

Apple has uploaded an exclusive look at the upcoming second season of Apple TV+ science-fiction drama "See," featuring insights from cast and crew.

see

After a year of filming delays due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, "See" is set to return to Apple TV+ on August 27.

A new two-minute-long exclusive featurette uploaded to the Apple TV YouTube channel gives viewers a first look at what to expect in the upcoming season.

According to writer and executive producer Jonathan Tropper, season two takes place 30 days after the events of season one. The second season will follow Baba Voss (Jason Momoa) as he struggles to reunite his family.

Season one premiered at the launch of Apple TV+ in November 2019. The series was renewed for a second before it had even originally launched.

Season one followed the events of two sighted children on a journey to find their father. The brutal drama has drawn obvious comparisons to "Game of Thrones," though the series failed to impress both critics and fans alike.

Despite the lukewarm response, "See" was renewed for a third season in June.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I hope to God the producers of this next season at least TALKED to a visually impaired, much less a blind, person to represent this dystopian reality with at least a modicum of authenticity. 

How is it that these so called “blind” can run with abandon into a strange forest without clotheslining themselves on branches and fight strangers with military accuracy, but need trailing ropes in their own village like street car trolley lines???!?!?!

Let’s not even talk about perfectly color coordinated fabrics and accessories. 

And who amongst the blind — who have NEVER laid eyes on a written language of any kind for generations — can have two sighted offspring that can miraculously achieve hooked on phonics? 
    thrangllamawatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Jfdesigns's plot holes notwithstanding, I just didn't find the show interesting. Gave up halfway through the first episode.
    llama
  • Reply 3 of 8
    HeliBumHeliBum Posts: 129member
    Jfdesigns's plot holes notwithstanding, I just didn't find the show interesting. Gave up halfway through the first episode.
    Same here. It's an interesting concept, but I don't think it makes a good TV series.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,408member
    HeliBum said:
    Same here. It's an interesting concept, but I don't think it makes a good TV series.
    That's nuts. Like you can tell anything about any show from half an episode. 
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I'm glad it was renewed. I can't wait for season 2. I get it's not a show everyone will enjoy but some of the complaints against it are odd. They did talk with the blind community but it's science fiction/fantasy. It's not meant to be realistic. Of course if you can't suspend your disbelief this show is not going to be for you. 
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 8
    jfdesigns said:
    I hope to God the producers of this next season at least TALKED to a visually impaired, much less a blind, person to represent this dystopian reality with at least a modicum of authenticity. 
    Not only did they have blind consultants, but many of the actors were blind or low-vision.

From https://www.vulture.com/2019/11/see-blindness-consultant-accessibility-behind-the-scenes.html :
    Blindness “bootcamp,” as the cast and crew referred to it, was intensive for a TV project of this kind — so intensive, in fact, that almost every actor on the show I spoke to swore that it changed their entire perspective on vision and the blind. In collaboration with Strechay, the actors learned passive and active echolocation, peripheral viewing, eccentric vision, blindness orientation, sensory training, and movement training. They learned firsthand from members of the blind and low-vision community, working out how to look at other people and how to move. “Having so many blind and low-vision actors working with us was such a privilege,” says Yadira Guevera-Prip, who stars on the show as Bow Lion. “We were demystifying so many of the things we all had assumptions about.”

edited August 2021 lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 8
    “See” was the first series that I saw on Apple TV + and I absolutely loved it.
    I understand that the story may not appeal to everybody but I found it to be carefully written, filmed and produced.
    It remains one of my favourite Apple TV + series together with the Mosquito Coast. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    That premiere was pretty amazing! REALLY fucking violent too. Remember when everyone was like "Apple's only going to make family friendly fluff"? Yeah, no.