'iPhone 13' Apple Event date & launch timeline revealed by leaker

Posted:
in iPhone edited March 2022
The "iPhone 13" will be announced on September 14 with a global launch on September 24, according to prolific leaker Jon Prosser.

Dummy 'iPhone 13' models show larger cameras
Dummy 'iPhone 13' models show larger cameras

The annual September Apple event is upon us, and speculation surrounding the announcement, pre-orders, and launch of "iPhone 13" are running wild. After a report suggested September 17 as a launch date, prolific leaker Jon Prosser offered some clarification.

In an article from Front Page Tech, Prosser explained the September 17 date and added more details provided from his sources. He says the dates from the e-commerce website were correct and aligned with expected dates.

According to Prosser's sources, press invites for the September event go out on September 7 for an event held on September 14. The September 17 date is for pre-orders, not the launch, with September 24 being the true launch date.

Yep! iPhone 13 Pre-Orders Starting September 17th, Launch on September 24th

For what it's worth, we are corroborating these dates. https://t.co/aevz5K57Qs

-- Jon Prosser (@jon_prosser)

Prosser also confirmed that all "iPhone 13" models would be available for pre-order at the same time. Previously, the iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max were not available for a full month after being announced.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Do you think the watch will have a separate event again? 
    pulseimages
  • Reply 2 of 9
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    No
    rinosaur
  • Reply 3 of 9
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    It never did have a separate event after the first time. Always has been with the new iPhone.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    That's great, I just wish there was something more exciting about the device than a better camera and faster CPU
  • Reply 5 of 9
    steveausteveau Posts: 299member
    That's great, I just wish there was something more exciting about the device than a better camera and faster CPU
    Fingers crossed for radar detection!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    steveau said:
    Fingers crossed for radar detection!
    And espresso maker! 
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Hopefully the long rumored high refresh display, that will be the catalyst for me to upgrade this year.  No way a pro level phone should still be stuck at 60hz with today's technology.  I realize it's harder for Apple to implement these technology upgrades considering they have to meet demands of 100+ million phones at launch compared to their competitors who have been releasing 90-120hz screens for a couple years now, but it's time Apple make this happen.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    charlesncharlesn Posts: 839member
    Android is the world of "exciting," first-to-market new features. Problem is, they're often useless gimmicks... or rushed to market before thorough testing, like Samsung's disastrous folding screen... or they just don't work that well, like Android's first-to-market implementation of 5G. Apple has generally taken the more conservative, "it just works" approach, implementing features that (mostly) make a difference in real world use and are much more thoroughly tested before being introduced, even if that means being later to market. And it's hard to argue with that approach when they've captured one-third of the world's phone revenue with essentially derivatives of one model AND 66% of global phone profits. The next closest company is Samsung at 17%, leaving all other companies to fight over the remaining scraps of profit. 

So, yeah, I generally find that the main innovation that matters now in iPhone year-to-year tends to be the camera improvements which are significant IF you're a pro or prosumer photographer or videographer. For most people just shooting snaps, the camera was as good as it needed to be a while ago. And sure, the CPU will be some flavor of "incredibly" faster, with lots of test numbers to back that up, but when was the last time you were waiting on an iPhone CPU to process something? I'd say the main purpose of the faster CPUs at this point is to facilitate the video (especially) and camera improvements. It's funny that when Apple is first-to-market with an innovation, it is often met initially with howls of resistance, like when they eliminated the headphone jack. OMG, you would have thought the world as we know it had come to an end. And now wireless earbuds are the new norm for all phone mfgrs. 
    edited August 2021
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Well, there's always the LTPO displays (Pro) with variable refresh rate and always on segments.

I would expect a small improvement in the modem speeds as well.

We'll actually have to see what Apple announces - *gasp* - to see if there's anything else 🤗.