Apple's iPhone 13, Apple Watch Series 7 event is on September 14

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited March 2022
Apple has confirmed it will be holding its annual September event as usual, with the September 14 "California Streaming" event expect to feature the launch of the "iPhone 13," among other products.

As Apple has traditionally done each year, the company will be holding a fall event in September. In an announcement on Tuesday, Apple revealed that the event will take place on September 14 at 10 a.m. Pacific.

The event is probably the first of multiple in the last few months of 2021, following Apple's decision to launch multiple products in three events across three months in 2020. Rumors have suggested there will be at least two Apple Events this fall, possibly with both occurring within September. More likely is an October or November follow-on event, however.

We're California Streaming on September 14th. See you real soon. #AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/OjOvJFXlHd

-- Greg Joswiak (@gregjoz)

AppleInsider will be covering the event live, providing full analysis during and after the event, and will include details of all of Apple's product launches and updates.

What to expect at the event

While Apple is anticipated to launch many products and updates during its fall event, the biggest draw is almost certainly going to be the iPhone 13."

Traditionally shown during the fall, Apple's 2021 iteration is anticipated to consist of four devices, including the "iPhone 13 mini," "iPhone 13 Pro," and "iPhone 13 Pro Max." Though Apple is rumored to be keeping the same general styling as the previous model, various specification bumps have been touted.

The display may use an always-on design, as well as 120Hz ProMotion, while the cameras on the back have been rumored to use larger lenses and introduce ProRes video support. A shift to the "A15" chip, movement from Lightning to USB-C, and a bigger battery have also been proposed.

A ninth-generation iPad is also on the cards, which may have better specifications, though not necessarily a full design overhaul. The iPad mini 6 may get a redesign, using a larger screen with slimmer bezels and a removed Home button, while also retaining Touch ID on the power button.

The "Apple Watch Series 7" may introduce a flat-face design and a redesigned chassis, a faster processor with improved wireless connectivity, and the ever-rumored glucose monitoring.

Updated AirPods are also anticipated, including an AirPods Pro style design but without active noise cancellation functionality.

M1X-equipped 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros may feature, complete with mini LED backlighting and an upgraded camera. For the desktop, a Mac mini could also surface with the M1X, a refreshed chassis design with a plexiglass-like top panel, color options, and more ports.

Read on AppleInsider
patchythepirate

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    The centre of Apple's promotional images seem to be centered on "the sky," which suggests to me that the rumoured satellite communications is being hinted at here.
    edited September 2021 patchythepirate
  • Reply 2 of 43
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    This is strange. Apple.com simply has this announced as "Apple Event" on 9/14. The newsroom page has nothing about it. I don't see any official apple source calling this anything but "Apple Event." Even the embedded twitter video doesn't actually name the event, and even uses the odd/generic hashtag #AppleEvent and not an actual title of the event like the purported "California Streaming." 

Strange.
    edited September 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 43
    eightzero said:
    This is strange. Apple.com simply has this announced as "Apple Event" on 9/14. The newsroom page has nothing about it. I don't see any official apple source calling this anything but "Apple Event." Even the embedded twitter video doesn't actually name the event, and even uses the odd/generic hashtag #AppleEvent and not an actual title of the event like the purported "California Streaming." 

Strange.
    Probably posted a placeholder graphic. It will be fixed soon. 
  • Reply 4 of 43
    The invitation graphic indicates to me Apple's entire slate of fall products will be translucent.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 43
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    eightzero said:

Strange.
    I would agree that the world's largest corporation just screwed up announcing a headline event announcing (tens of?) billions of dollars of their flagship products. This is Big News(tm) and they can't get the announcements timed right? 

Maybe Apple really is having a hard time finding competent staff. 
    williamlondonpulseimages
  • Reply 6 of 43
    dk49dk49 Posts: 267member
    That glowing Apple logo seems to indicate that  they are going to announce new Macbooks with mini-LED displays. 

And that transparency in the logo might indicate under glass fingerprint sensor (for mask situations) or maybe even transparent camera or face id module (seems less likely).
  • Reply 7 of 43
    Invite is missing 10am PDT.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 8 of 43
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Next iPhone will be invisible. 
    pulseimagesspock1234
  • Reply 9 of 43
    eightzero said:
    eightzero said:

Strange.
    I would agree that the world's largest corporation just screwed up announcing a headline event announcing (tens of?) billions of dollars of their flagship products. This is Big News(tm) and they can't get the announcements timed right? 

very dramatic. all this will come to pass. chill out. 
    williamlondonronnpatchythepiratewatto_cobrajcs2305
  • Reply 10 of 43
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    Clearly the translucent image is because Apple is getting in to digital pets and a digital jellyfish is their first entry. 

I’m just hoping for a Apple Si 16” MBP. 
    watto_cobraspock1234
  • Reply 11 of 43
    eightzero said:
    eightzero said:

Strange.

Or could it be since everyone is working from home, nobody was sure when exactly it was being held and what the name was?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 43
    eightzero said:

Strange.
    Yes, it is strange. This event coincides with the California Gubernatorial Recall Election at the same day. lol
    williamlondon
  • Reply 13 of 43
    I knew about this date last night!
  • Reply 14 of 43
    Is this made with reality composer?. Does anyone know another desktop-based tool to make these AR environments?
  • Reply 15 of 43
    Or it could be like the past, where Apple gleefully trolled all the people trying to read tea-leaves.
    ronnwatto_cobravedelppabeowulfschmidt
  • Reply 16 of 43
    A blank sky could mean "nothing new here, keep moving along" or we don't know what we are going to do that day so no specifics allows anything or nothing to happen....
  • Reply 17 of 43
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    The centre of Apple's promotional images seem to be centered on "the sky," which suggests to me that the rumoured satellite communications is being hinted at here.
    And/or the rumored astrophotography capable camera upgrades. Either way, portrait mode video is definitely hinted at, imo. 
    nadriel
  • Reply 18 of 43
    There's a little satellite moving across the sky towards the end of the video.
    watto_cobraspock1234
  • Reply 19 of 43
    + some imagination...
    williamlondon
  • Reply 20 of 43
    ApplePoor said:
    A blank sky could mean "nothing new here, keep moving along" or we don't know what we are going to do that day so no specifics allows anything or nothing to happen....
    Lol.

I genuinely love everyone trying to read the tea leaves of the announcements. There are so many creative ideas, and they're almost always wrong lol, and it turns out to be just a vague reference to product colors or something. However, this one actually seems like a more specific reference, and probably referencing the rumored emergency satellite service. I wonder if they'll include the watch in this.
    Japhey said:
    And/or the rumored astrophotography capable camera upgrades. Either way, portrait mode video is definitely hinted at, imo. 
    There were astrophotography camera rumors? Cool. I really hope Apple creates their own minimalist, mirrorless camera, or teams up with a camera company to do it; the combination of a large sensor with Apple's processing power would be amazing.
    watto_cobraspock1234