Apple's iPhone 13, Apple Watch Series 7 event is on September 14

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    I cannot believe I am the first one to type that it is about the Apple Car.  

The image is clearly headlights from a car projecting out into a winters backdrop, as in the California Dreaming song alludes.  
    9secondkox2spock1234
  • Reply 22 of 43
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator

The image is clearly headlights from a car projecting out into a winters backdrop, as in the California Dreaming song alludes.  
    Whether that’s the case or not, all cylinders are firing at Apple.  Should be an interesting autumn to watch the company drive even farther ahead of its competition. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 43
    + some imagination...
    Hmm, I wonder if is Apple going to re-release Maps as an AR virtual world where you can 'stream' yourself walking around in California (or the other major areas that Apple has mapped out). It'd be cool to 'walk up' to Big Ben in London virtually and see the clock turn in real time, or 'walk around' the acropolis in Athens fully reconstructed, or 'walk around' San Francisco and see people crapping on the street!
    watto_cobraspock1234
  • Reply 24 of 43
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member

Whether that’s the case or not, all cylinders are firing at Apple.  Should be an interesting autumn to watch the company drive even farther ahead of its competition. 

I’d be auto-ly delighted if this were really the case.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 43
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Japhey said:

The centre of Apple's promotional images seem to be centered on "the sky," which suggests to me that the rumoured satellite communications is being hinted at here.
    And/or the rumored astrophotography capable camera upgrades. Either way, portrait mode video is definitely hinted at, imo. 
    There were astrophotography camera rumors? Cool. I really hope Apple creates their own minimalist, mirrorless camera, or teams up with a camera company to do it; the combination of a large sensor with Apple's processing power would be amazing.
    Yup. There are lots of rumors about this one out there. One or more Android phones already support it, so Apple will be playing catch up, if true. It will be done computationally on the new model using whatever new camera lenses they upgrade to, though. It won’t be a separate, minimalist camera. 
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 26 of 43
    GeeAyeGeeAye Posts: 37unconfirmed, member
    What national park is in the background?
  • Reply 27 of 43
    michelb76 said:
    Is this made with reality composer?. Does anyone know another desktop-based tool to make these AR environments?
    It’s a video, not an AR environment. You can create this in any number of 2D or 3D apps or combinations thereof. 

EDIT: If you mean the iPhone AR feature on Apple.com, that’s probably Reality Composer. Adobe Aero is another but I’d think they’d use their own stuff. I hadn’t seen it until just now, for some reason it doesn’t work on iPad, just iPhone. 
    edited September 2021
  • Reply 28 of 43
    cpenzone said:
    There's a little satellite moving across the sky towards the end of the video.
    I see stars moving… no satellite. 
  • Reply 29 of 43
    vedelppa said:
    another idea: transparency may be related to CSAM & co
    Lol no
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 30 of 43
    The official invite artwork is for the Apple AR and VR headset. The animation is like putting on the headset and entering a new world. Developers get early, public by Christmas. 
    fastasleepronnspock1234
  • Reply 31 of 43

LOL what are you smoking? It’s reflections on water. 
  • Reply 32 of 43
    The official invite artwork is for the Apple AR and VR headset. The animation is like putting on the headset and entering a new world. Developers get early, public by Christmas. 
    Honestly this is a good take but I feel like it’s too soon for an HMD. I’d love to be pleasantly surprised though!

The AR feature on Apple’s page is kinda cool; you can I’ve into the Apple with your iPhone to reveal the date. It does remind me a little of going into VR.
  • Reply 33 of 43
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    You're all on the wrong track. The clear indication is that Apple are announcing their new Space based initiative. The mothership is finally going to fly.

That's why they want everyone to return to the office. So they're all on board at lift-off.
    MplsPvedelppaspock1234
  • Reply 34 of 43
    I am hoping for a M1 27” iMac.
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 35 of 43
    The translucent Apple logo and the animation inside the AR object that you get (via the official announcement on the Apple homepage) could indicate dedicated AR announcements. Very curious. 

• Reply 36 of 43
    I was just watching Wong Kar Wai's Chunking Express the other day. California Dreamin' by The Mammas and Pappas is an integral part of that film. 

• Reply 37 of 43
    vedelppa said:
    Honestly this is a good take but I feel like it’s too soon for an HMD. I’d love to be pleasantly surprised though!

The AR feature on Apple’s page is kinda cool; you can I’ve into the Apple with your iPhone to reveal the date. It does remind me a little of going into VR.
    if it's not about iPhone/iPad (camera, AR/VR, satcom), what else can it be (assuming there's a hint) on an iOS event? also why is it too soon for an HMD? Apple Glasses (AR/VR headset) is rumored since like forever now (and I'm sure there were at least 10 articles about this coming in '21). there are some (meh) attempts that are available for the consumers since a while. they could destroy the market at this point like the first iPhone did (taking in-house chips into account, maybe even more). it's true though they could also come up with these next year or the year after with the same result :D
    It's very much possible the the teaser thingy means nothing specific at all regarding products. That's usually the case.

I was saying too soon because the most credible rumors have pointed to next year at the earliest for an HMD, and we haven't had any solid (IMHO) rumors to the contrary, nor have we seen any parts leaks or anything else. It's entirely possible they somehow avoided all that and secretly got this product fully developed, or enough to announce the tech and dev kit etc, but that sounds way more like a WWDC thing to me. Whereas everything else we're expecting in the next couple months has been solidly rumored to be coming for a while now (iPads, Macs, AirPods) if it wasn't a no brainer (iPhone, Watch). 

Jon Prosser has some kind of reveal coming this morning, and the giant 8 graphic which he says was intentional ... could it be that rotated it looks like glasses? Who knows. 

I'd be happy to be proven wrong!
    edited September 2021 patchythepirateronnvedelppa
  • Reply 38 of 43
    To be perfectly honest, these iPhone/Watch/iEtc events have become rather dull and formulaic. Yawn-inducing, in fact. Rinse-repeat. What a dramatic difference from even just five years ago :-/

Will catch up on the headlines afterwards. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 39 of 43
    To be perfectly honest, these iPhone/Watch/iEtc events have become rather dull and formulaic. Yawn-inducing, in fact. Rinse-repeat. What a dramatic difference from even just five years ago :-/

Funny! I think the same. I used to make sure I had time off during the event but now I just catch up later. I don’t feel I’ve missed anything all that exciting the past couple of years. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 40 of 43

Funny! I think the same. I used to make sure I had time off during the event but now I just catch up later. I don’t feel I’ve missed anything all that exciting the past couple of years. 
    Yeah, totally boring how Apple keeps announcing beautiful, and industry-leading phones, watches, tablets, all in ones, as well as privacy features, Heath features, safety features, etc. If we don’t see a Steve hologram announcing all the next breakthrough products I’m gonna be pissed. 
    ronnwilliamlondon