Bose Smart Soundbar 900 with AirPlay 2 & Dolby Atmos now available

Posted:
in General Discussion
Base has released its latest TV speaker, the Smart Soundbar 900, which arrives with Dolby Atmos and AirPlay 2 support in tow.

Bose Smart Soundbar 900
Bose Smart Soundbar 900

The new Smart Soundbar 900 takes aim at Sonos and Sony, both dominant in the soundbar space. Dolby Atmos support is a first for Bose and it connects to your TV with a single cable, either eARC or optical.

For those looking to increase the output, it can be paired with the company's wireless rear speakers and subwoofer.

Music can be streamed to the Smart Soundbar 900 via AirPlay 2, Bluetooth, or multi-room Wi-Fi from the Bose app. It supports both Amazon Alexa as well as Google Assistant.

Capacitive controls are located atop a glass top which sits above a metal grille that envelopes the sides and front of the unit.

Bose Smart Soundbar 900
Bose Smart Soundbar 900

It is available to preorder now in either black or white for $899 from Amazon or Bose directly and it will start delivering to customers on September 23.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    It's got a really nice clean look, I'll give it that. The low profile is suited to a an environment lacking in room for traditional stereo speakers, a good pair costing far less than this sound bar.

I hope we see some kind of extended ears-on review of the audio. That's the key metric for me. This may be a "smart" sound bar, but it's still a soundbar. For $900 or much less, you could get some very excellent traditional stereo 2.0 speakers, and a sub, if desired.
    spock1234
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Wait so are a pair of the OG HomePods still overpriced, or nah?  Good luck finding that type of world class sound quality for $600.
    edited September 2021 spock1234
  • Reply 3 of 3
    igorsky said:
    Wait so are a pair of the OG HomePods still overpriced, or nah?  Good luck finding that type of world class sound quality for $600.
    You are _so_ right! The HomePods are/were a great value. Especially now that the new AppleTV has enabled eARC and you play TV sound through the HomePods. 

You could buy two HomePods and an AppleTV for less than the cost of this soundbar. 
    edited September 2021