'Ted Lasso' adds two Creative Arts Emmys to the trophy cabinet

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
The Apple TV sensation "Ted Lasso" has added to its already impressive awards haul, picking up a pair of Creative Arts Emmys on the first of the two-night ceremony.

Announced on Saturday night, the pair of awards for Ted Lasso were for the episode "The Hope That Kills You." One was won by AJ. Catoline, for "Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Comedy Series."

The other, for "Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation" was picked up by re-recording mixers Ryan Kennedy and Sean Byrne, as well as production mixer David Lascelles.

The two "Ted Lasso" awards were accompanied by two other wins for Apple TV+. Previously announced in August, the awards were for "Outstanding Innovation in Interactive Programming" for space epic "For All Mankind," and "Outstanding Motion Design" for "Calls."

There are still more chances for Apple TV+ to gain more Emmys, as the awards are being held across two days. More are set to be presented on Sunday, with a final edited two-hour broadcast set to air on FXX on September 18.

In total, Apple TV+ and Apple's advertising received a total of 35 nominations for the 73rd annual Emmy Awards, almost doubling its 2020 total. "Ted Lasso" was nominated for 20 awards across 11 categories.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Apple seems to be focus on garnering awards not viewers to their streaming service!  
  • Reply 2 of 5
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Wonderfull show.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Apple seems to be focus on garnering awards not viewers to their streaming service!  
    You can't be for real with this comment.  
  • Reply 4 of 5
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Ted Lasso is hardly some niche high-art drama show.

Honestly I'm a bit surprised it's got so many awards, it's nice enough and I enjoy watching it, but it's very mild and doesn't really do anything I'd see as award-worthy.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    crowley said:
    Ted Lasso is hardly some niche high-art drama show.

Honestly I'm a bit surprised it's got so many awards, it's nice enough and I enjoy watching it, but it's very mild and doesn't really do anything I'd see as award-worthy.

I'm not surprised.  I had the same opinion you do after the first episode or 2.  But every aspect of the show continued develop in leaps and bounds, the largest of which being character development.  The humor, drama, everything...just fantastic.  What I started watching because it seemed like a funny Jason Sudeikis lark is now something my wife and I are obsessed with.