Steve Wozniak co-founding new space startup

Posted:
in General Discussion
Steve Wozniak has co-founded Privateer Space, a new company designed to "keep space safe and accessible," though very few details have been released.

Steve Wozniak
Steve Wozniak

Famed Apple co-creator Steve Wozniak has now co-created a new company, but so far has only teased what Privateer Space is meant to do. "A Private space company is starting up," he announced on Twitter, "unlike the others."

The company's website says little more, with a note that reports "we are in stealth mode." Privateer Space will be represented at the AMOS Tech 2021 conference in September, which runs from September 14-17, 2021, in Maui, Hawaii.

Woz did post a YouTube teaser trailer which, over the course of a minute, aims to conjure up an atmosphere more than reveal any news.

"Together, we'll go far.," it says. "We'll look out for one another, solve problems together. This isn't a race. It isn't a competition or a game. We are not one person, one company, one nation. We are one planet."

"We are explorers," it continues. "We are dreamers risk takers, engineers, and Stargazers, we are, aren't you, and it's up to us to work together to do what is right. So here's to taking care of what we have. So the next generation can be better together."

Despite having long left Apple, Steve Wozniak continues to be outspoken about the company. Most recently, he said he backs the right to repair that Apple has opposed.

As well as co-founding Apple, and now Privateer Space, he has previously launched "Woz U." Founded in 2017, it was a programming boot camp which reportedly had issues over quality, and also legal problems over its name.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Is space being used as a metaphor here for an Internet service?
    llama
  • Reply 2 of 10
    damn that's so random lol. wish him well
    llama
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Another entrepreneur shared space initiative, woo-boy. 
  • Reply 4 of 10
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Bunch of rocket boys.  Can we just send them all into space and forget about them please?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    Like many Americans, it looks like Steve needs a little bit more space than he used to.
    edited September 2021
  • Reply 6 of 10
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    So many startups, so many co-foundings, so many failures. Give it rest, Steve.
    MacPro
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I wonder? For not being a wide reader and stupz?? Does he still holds lots of shares in Apple much like Steve Jobs?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Kuyangkoh said:
    I wonder? For not being a wide reader and stupz?? Does he still holds lots of shares in Apple much like Steve Jobs?
    Steve Wozniak may own about 100,000 Apple stock at this time.

Steve Jobs probably doesn't own any Apple stock at this time.

• Reply 9 of 10
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Kuyangkoh said:
    I believe that Woz is an employee still, technically... in much the same way as I'm an employee still of one university here, on the books but not the payroll.  :D
  • Reply 10 of 10
    I hope he's done his due diligence this time around and doesn't get into the mess he did with his university outing.