10.2.5 out...at SU!

Comments

• Reply 101 of 121
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by garyp

My guess is that Apple employees are under so much pressure from Jobs to do the impossible all the time that mistakes slip by in the rush.

Or maybe you're putting the blame on Jobs and the employees when the customers (especially internet forum folks) are really at fault for putting pressure on Apple.

Everyday people say Apple sucks because there's a problem with this and a problem with that and 'why is product x not out yet'...and when Apple tries to bring out product x in a timely manner, people quickly switch to 'good lord, how can Apple release such a beta-quality software'-mode.

You guys are being unreasonable. You've had a bit of bad luck that's all. The problems on the Windows side happen much more often. I hope the USB issues you guys are getting will be fixed but don't blame Apple.
  • Reply 102 of 121
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Or maybe you're putting the blame on Jobs and the employees when the customers (especially internet forum folks) are really at fault for putting pressure on Apple.

Everyday people say Apple sucks because there's a problem with this and a problem with that and 'why is product x not out yet'...and when Apple tries to bring out product x in a timely manner, people quickly switch to 'good lord, how can Apple release such a beta-quality software'-mode.

You guys are being unreasonable. You've had a bit of bad luck that's all. The problems on the Windows side happen much more often. I hope the USB issues you guys are getting will be fixed but don't blame Apple.

Ahem, we are the customer, and have every right to complain about something that we invest a lot in to run properly. SO WHAT! if consumers ask for what should be there already to be there, and Apple struggles to put it together, and then screws so many just to get a basic thing up and running. I pay my money, and expect certain things for it, any level-headed consumer would. There is no excuse for Apple, they dropped the ball, now they need to fix it.
  • Reply 103 of 121
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

Ahem, we are the customer, and have every right to complain about something that we invest a lot in to run properly. SO WHAT! if consumers ask for what should be there already to be there, and Apple struggles to put it together, and then screws so many just to get a basic thing up and running. I pay my money, and expect certain things for it, any level-headed consumer would. There is no excuse for Apple, they dropped the ball, now they need to fix it.

shut the **** up
  • Reply 104 of 121
    Quote:

shut the **** up

Amen to that.
  • Reply 105 of 121
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Ahem,

What are you comparing this to? A car, a boat, a house, a lawn mower? I've had trouble with all of these. Also Windows isn't perfect either. So what do you base this statement on? What example are you using? How is this different from those other imperfect items?
  • Reply 106 of 121
    Do you feel better now Kim Kap? I hope you do. Because it takes no ****ing brains to be that ignorant. So, kiss my ass!

Yeah, I buy other items, and in doing so, I switch brands according to how they work. Isn't that what consumers do? Or do you just take it up the ass for corporate america? Screw that. I vote with my buck, if you don't then don't, I don't give a rats ass. I am stating something that is a fact, if you feel that Apple, MS, Ford, or whoever has the right to take your money, then piss on you, that is your fault. I switched to a Mac because there are less problems, there are not too many other options that I like, so Apple is still the best quality for now, that does not mean that I should kiss their ass and say thank you for some kernel panics. I have owned toyotas for most of my life, and now due to problems with both a corolla and camry, I will no longer ever buy a toyota again. I guess I should just thank them too.

Perhaps when a few of you grow a brain of your own, you will be able to make these decisions, however basic they may be.
  • Reply 107 of 121
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Quote:

Yeah as a consumer you deserve something that works but for the most part a lot of Mac users get pissed when they don't get what they want or expect. Even though Apple has their own hardware it is damn near impossible to match every user configuration. I haven't had problems with USB and not every user has. No computer company is perfect and they never stated they were...I don't care if they have 90% of the market or 3%. Stuff like this happens sometimes.

We are a overhyped bunch that keep ourselves entertained with rumors and a bunch of BS. We need to calm down and let Apple do their business. I know rumongering is a huge part of being a MAC user, but if we want Apple to be taken seriously then we gotta grow up sometimes. The 10.2.4 update hosed my DVD burning on my 15in Powerbook. NOw I got bummed out but I grew to deal with it. The new update fixed it as well as a couple other little things. If you are having USB problems go back a version. All I wish was that there were uninstallers for the updates.

Sorry if this was partly random
  • Reply 108 of 121
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

Yeah as a consumer you deserve something that works but for the most part a lot of Mac users get pissed when they don't get what they want or expect. Even though Apple has their own hardware it is damn near impossible to match every user configuration. I haven't had problems with USB and not every user has. No computer company is perfect and they never stated they were...I don't care if they have 90% of the market or 3%. Stuff like this happens sometimes.

We are a overhyped bunch that keep ourselves entertained with rumors and a bunch of BS. We need to calm down and let Apple do their business. I know rumongering is a huge part of being a MAC user, but if we want Apple to be taken seriously then we gotta grow up sometimes. The 10.2.4 update hosed my DVD burning on my 15in Powerbook. NOw I got bummed out but I grew to deal with it. The new update fixed it as well as a couple other little things. If you are having USB problems go back a version. All I wish was that there were uninstallers for the updates.

Sorry if this was partly random

I agree with what you say. However, I don't ask that Apple do this or that now, I wait patiently, and when Apple says some upgrade is ready, then I download it. The only beta-software I have is Safari. My system was freshly installed about two weeks ago, so I feel that these problems should not be on my system because of how clean it was. I understand that bugs happen, but I am putting the blame where it is. I didn't release an update. Apple did. I just want Apple to fix it. That is all.

P.S. uninstallers for updates would be great.
  • Reply 109 of 121
    Quote:

I didn't release an update. Apple did. I just want Apple to fix it. That is all.

Apple will fix it. So please...do me a favor and shut yer trap.
  • Reply 110 of 121
    Quote:

Apple will fix it. So please...do me a favor and shut yer trap.

Why is Apple going to fix it? I thought it was my fault for begging Apple to release an update? Shouldn't I be the one to fix it according to your argument?

So, why don't you shut your trap, and stop refuting your own invalid points!
  • Reply 111 of 121
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    If I may poke in here, I'd just like to know why they don't fix longstanding bugs like the renaming a new folder in list view or the pasting of a custom icon bug. The USB thing, I mean come on guys updates are bound to a few issues. I don't mind it as long as they ACTUALLY FIX THEM, and in a timely manner. However you're right Apple is slow at many things. Security they are good about. They fixed my DVD lagging in fullscreen on my miniBook fixed finally, that was good for example, but they waste too much time on crap like Bluetooth.
  • Reply 112 of 121
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spooky

what the hell is going on?

You have been such an uber-pessimist over the last several updates. Is this a reaction from specific problems, or a state of mind?
  • Reply 113 of 121
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Guys, chill.

ljerry, this is why many people don't install an update until a few days have passed, and problem reports start coming out. This is also why you make sure you back up your system before installing... if it goes wrong, you can roll back /System and the Apple applications. Apple may have released the update, but *you* installed it on your system. You need to take some responsibility for that.

Everyone else, let it go. It's not going to make it any better.
  • Reply 114 of 121
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Guys, chill.

ljerry, this is why many people don't install an update until a few days have passed, and problem reports start coming out. This is also why you make sure you back up your system before installing... if it goes wrong, you can roll back /System and the Apple applications. Apple may have released the update, but *you* installed it on your system. You need to take some responsibility for that.

no doubts there, I did install it. that wasn't the issue. But, I do take responsibility for it, and try to be helpful with others experiencing the problem. I don't really hound Apple or the release boards, I saw it in my system update, so I installed it, I had no clue it had just come out, when I starting experiencing the problems, that is when I starting doing digging. I just hope it gets resolved soon. BTW, all is backed up, but I am not sure how to go back with the system as you say.
  • Reply 115 of 121
    garypgaryp Posts: 150member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Guys, chill.

Software Update is enabled by Apple's default. They want us to update. Updates via S/W Update should be ready for public consumption. I had no intention of starting a flame war. I was simply reporting the facts. All my statements are easily corroborated by reality. And there is no uninstaller for my monitor's fried USB system.
  • Reply 116 of 121
    Quote:

Originally posted by garyp

Software Update is enabled by Apple's default. They want us to update. Updates via S/W Update should be ready for public consumption. I had no intention of starting a flame war. I was simply reporting the facts. All my statements are easily corroborated by reality. And there is no uninstaller for my monitor's fried USB system.

Have you tried Joe's Fried Monitor USB Uninstaller 1.03? Watch out though, I heard the uninstaller might fry your Firewire ports.
  • Reply 117 of 121
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Hey guys, since when can board members tell others to "shut the **** up"? Seems like we need to read the Posting Guidelines again.
  • Reply 118 of 121
    iBrowse, thank you for the suggestion and everyone else who had a hint. Sadly, this did not work for me. It just got me to redo my mail settings and re -setup all my email boxes. My .mac email can still recieve..but not send. Please God..if anyone can figure this out...thanks!
  • Reply 119 of 121
    garypgaryp Posts: 150member
    Quote:

Have you tried Joe's Fried Monitor USB Uninstaller 1.03? Watch out though, I heard the uninstaller might fry your Firewire ports.

kim kap sol - What is your problem, shithead?
  • Reply 120 of 121
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Hey, guys, if you take software updates that hard, they are going to drive you crazy. Remember, every OS version has many bugs (be it Windows, Mac OS or Linux). Developers literally spend their lives fixing the bugs for you. But systems of such a complicated structure have many interconnected parts. You may repair one thing and break another because that another seemed to work fine with the bugs you fixed. This should be considered normal. And you as a customer should be aware that while updates improve your software in general, they may also present new problems. If you are afraid of unexpected problems (or cannot afford to have them in crucial circumstances), don't install every update instantly. Rather wait a week or so, reading MacFixIt and Apple Knowledge Base. Only when you get some picture of what the update is worth, decide if you want to install it. This is how every sane system administrator lives. Learn from the wisest people and you'll have less reasons to complain. If you don't intend to learn even from your own mistakes, shut up and do what you want.