Apple releases dozens of new Apple Watch bands alongside Apple Watch Series 7 announcement...

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Apple has released a collection of new Apple Watch bands to complement the newly announced Apple Watch Series 7, including a new Nike-branded Sport Loop and new colorways for Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop bands.

header

Tuesday's event brought news of a new Apple Watch, the Apple Watch Series 7. Designed to be faster, brighter, and boasting a bigger screen, the Apple Watch Series 7 starts at $399 and is available in two sizes.

As anticipated, Apple has prepared for the new Apple Watch by releasing a sizable collection of new Apple Watch bands. Included in the collection are new colorways for the Braided Solo Loop, including Maize, Dark Cherry, Abyss Blue, and English Lavender.

Marigold and Clover colorways for the Solo Loop
Marigold and Clover colorways for the Solo Loop

The Solo Loop and Sport Bands see new colors as well, with Chalk Pink, Marigold, Clover, Starlight, English Lavender, midnight, Dark Cherry, and Abyss Blue among the colors revealed.

Apple Watch Sport Loop in new striped colorways
Apple Watch Sport Loop in new striped colorways

The breathable nylon Sport Loop also sees new color pairings in striking new striped styles. Apple Watch owners can choose color pairings such as Maize/White, Pink Pomello/Tan, Abyss Blue/Moss Green, Dark Cherry/Forest Green, and a (PRODUCT)Red Sport Loop band.

The lightweight fluoroelastomer Nike Sport Bands saw a few new additions, including Olive Gray/Cargo Khaki, Magic Ember/Crimson Bliss, Midnight/Navy Mystic Navy, and Anthracite/Black colorways.

New Nike Sport Loops, featuring the iconic Nike Swoosh
New Nike Sport Loops, featuring the iconic Nike Swoosh

For Nike fans, a new Nike Sport Loop combines the popular flexible nylon of Apple's classic Sport Loop with the iconic Nike Swoosh in three new colorways: Cargo Khaki, Summit White, and Black.

Leather Apple Watch bands now feature Golden Brown, Dark Cherry, Sequoia Green, Midnight, Wisteria, Chalk, and Midnight colorways for Leather Link and Modern buckle watches.

Most bands will work with Apple Watch Series 3 or newer -- the 41mm bands work with 38mm and 40mm case sizes. The new 45mm bands will work with 42mm and 44mm case sizes. The Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop bands are only compatible with Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4 or newer models.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Although Apple's shopping website has an interesting search feature for its watch bands, that feature doesn't help me to isolate only the bands that avoid using notches. I prefer the "analog fastening mechanism" of Velcro (or whatever the generic term is) which allows me to get a much better fit. Some of you might say "Oh, the ones you want are the Sport Loop ones." Well, it doesn't say or show in the photos that these models use Velcro, and some of the leather straps don't show notches in the photo, so they might be analog also. If I go to an Apple Store, I can see (or at least ask) what I'm getting. When I click on an individual watch band on Apple's website it still doesn't tell me what the fastening mechanism is and the image of the product cuts off both ends of the band so I can't see whether it uses notches or not. Is Apple intentionally hiding these product details or is it just incompetence of the marketing department?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    looks like a classic case of PEBCAK

The sport loops all use velcro. The leather ones clearly show which have stainless steel clasps (that would be your "notch") and the rest (magnets).
    h4y3swatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    The Milanese loop band is a favorite due to that infinite fit. 
    edited September 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Although Apple's shopping website has an interesting search feature for its watch bands, that feature doesn't help me to isolate only the bands that avoid using notches. I prefer the "analog fastening mechanism" of Velcro (or whatever the generic term is) which allows me to get a much better fit. Some of you might say "Oh, the ones you want are the Sport Loop ones." Well, it doesn't say or show in the photos that these models use Velcro, and some of the leather straps don't show notches in the photo, so they might be analog also. If I go to an Apple Store, I can see (or at least ask) what I'm getting. When I click on an individual watch band on Apple's website it still doesn't tell me what the fastening mechanism is and the image of the product cuts off both ends of the band so I can't see whether it uses notches or not. Is Apple intentionally hiding these product details or is it just incompetence of the marketing department?
    I had similar questions. Now I usually watch an unboxing video or two on YouTube before purchasing new bands. Not an ideal solution, I know. But until Apple includes better photos/descriptions, you might find them helpful too. The Juan and Only or Supertech USA are both good sources. 
    edited September 2021