Apple Fitness+ coming to 15 new countries, adding two new workouts

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2021
Apple has announced Apple Fitness+ is coming to 15 new countries along with two new workouts.

As part of the iPhone 13 announcement event, Apple has announced that the workouts are coming to Austria, Brazil, Columbia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Canada, Mexico, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, and UAE.

The workouts are already available in United States, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and Malaysia.

It is also bringing Pilates workout and Group workouts to the program.

We currently have Cycling, Treadmill, Rowing, HIIT (high-intensity interval training), Strength, Yoga, Dance, Core, Mindful, and Cooldown. Back in April 2021, Apple Fitness+ also gained pregnancy workouts and older adults training.

Apple Fitness+ costs $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year. The service is also available in Apple One bundles.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,034member
    I hope they can eventually upgrade the workouts to not use crap music that I can’t stand. 
    davgregelijahgurahara
  • Reply 2 of 8
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    The constant frozen smiles in the video were excruciating to watch.
    davgregelijahguraharaseanboy81
  • Reply 3 of 8
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    I currently have the top Apple bundle and wish it did not include this waste of time. Getting yelled at by some tatted up Gen Y “instructor”over crappy club music is not coaching and is not needed- I have a YMCA membership with real classes, equipment and live people open from 5 AM - 10 PM 363 days a year.

And listening to Dolly Parton is not what I want when I am out hiking trails with my Dog.

This should be a stand alone.
    elijahg
  • Reply 4 of 8
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    davgreg said:
    I currently have the top Apple bundle and wish it did not include this waste of time. Getting yelled at by some tatted up Gen Y “instructor”over crappy club music is not coaching and is not needed- I have a YMCA membership with real classes, equipment and live people open from 5 AM - 10 PM 363 days a year.

And listening to Dolly Parton is not what I want when I am out hiking trails with my Dog.

This should be a stand alone.
    I feel the same way about AppleTV+. I want to swap it for something like more storage or Arcade on the lower tiers.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Fitness+ for me is like ATV+.. a hockey stick of improvements, slow at first and then accelerating.

I think Apple is potentially missing an opportunity with Fitness+ to cross sell AppleTV devices. We use AppleTV and a large screen TV as the primary workout device for Fitness+. When we first started to use it we immediately exercised together wearing apple watches but only one of us got the heart beat on screen.

I think the missed opportunity is that the combo Fitness+ & AppleTV & Apple Watch is like the Nintendo Switch for fitness and very social. Yes they are addressing the social element using the sharing feature for remote people but they still have not addressed the at home group use case of multiple heart bars on screen with peer competition etc.

Apple TV devices are priced competitively and could potentially be a nice bundle for home fitness for families where there are Apple Watches. This could enable Apple to keep a toehold in the living room and not lose it completely to Amazon that is now launching own brand smart TVs with Alexa built in. Apple Fitness+ is a powerful sticky Trojan horse and Amazon would likely have to buy Peleton to compete in the longer term.
    uraharalolliver
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Fitness+ for me is like ATV+.. a hockey stick of improvements, slow at first and then accelerating.

I think Apple is potentially missing an opportunity with Fitness+ to cross sell AppleTV devices. We use AppleTV and a large screen TV as the primary workout device for Fitness+. When we first started to use it we immediately exercised together wearing apple watches but only one of us got the heart beat on screen.

I think the missed opportunity is that the combo Fitness+ & AppleTV & Apple Watch is like the Nintendo Switch for fitness and very social. Yes they are addressing the social element using the sharing feature for remote people but they still have not addressed the at home group use case of multiple heart bars on screen with peer competition etc.

Apple TV devices are priced competitively and could potentially be a nice bundle for home fitness for families where there are Apple Watches. This could enable Apple to keep a toehold in the living room and not lose it completely to Amazon that is now launching own brand smart TVs with Alexa built in. Apple Fitness+ is a powerful sticky Trojan horse and Amazon would likely have to buy Peleton to compete in the longer term.
    Absolutely critical feature, especially at this times with COVID.
    Agreed.
    lolliver
  • Reply 7 of 8
    1) I wish they had bigger iCloud drive sizes for Apple One in Germany. It is only 200 GB.
    2) I will soon exceed 2 TB of iCloud and Apple still selling it a a maximum. My family needs more. Even iPhones got now 1 TB as a maximum capacity. I want to buy another 2 TB of space for iCloud drive. But I can’t. FTW apple. Shut up, do it, and get my money.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Article has countries incorrect.  From Apple:

And later this year, Fitness+ will be available in 15 new countries with the addition of Austria, Brazil, Colombia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Arab Emirates

At launch Fitness+ was available in 
    • Apple Fitness+ will be available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, and the US.
    edited September 2021