68K Love-Machines

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I run several Imacs & appreciate them for what they do.

Nevertheless,I also have two LC-475 "pizza boxes", & Lc-111 & a Color Classic that I use on many occasions.

I can't bring myself to part with them.

I know they're "oldies" but I deeply admire they're virtual indestructability .

I have been a member of 68kmla, but honestly, they're increasingly difficult to access with there page going awol almost every day. & I also get the feeling that the average age of the users is about 16. I am definitely NOT that age group.

I am sure that there are many "adult " appleinsiders who like me, cut their teeth on these 68k macs & still love them dearly.

I don't know how to go abouts it, but I for one would sure love to see a seperate 68K ( non PPC ) forum.

Do we get a petition up or am I just shooting blanks ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I think that, as this board is mainly centered around FUTURE hardware, there will be little interest for a 68k board. I think many people here already think of their 1.2 ghz DP PowerMacs as old PsOS. Well, that is those lucky few who actually have one.

Also, thinking of how these requests are judged (are there many threads dealing with this topic now?), I'm afraid it doesn't look too good. Anyway, aren't there some decent 68k forums online still? I have seen some groups on usenet too, so that might be worth a try.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    We've discussed the creation of additional forums frequently. The creation of additional forums is warranted when there is sufficient demand for them. For example, if there was an abundance of threads in General Discussion about 68k systems, we would consider adding another forum to take the load off of General Discussion.

This is not a challenge.

Until there is sufficient demand, we cannot justify the creation of additional forums.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Generalisomo Moderator,

Thanx for your reply.

Shucks, I feel pleased that you at least considered it !