Tiger Woods - king of the hill.

jrcjrc
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
And in my days it was always a big fat pleasure to knock the king of the hill on his fat ass.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JRC

And in my days it was always a big fat pleasure to knock the king of the hill on his fat ass.

I doubt that he will won the masters this year. Myers appear to be the favorite, but Els is able to make a comeback in the two last round (incredible card of 66 today).
  • Reply 2 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Meyers? Got your Canadians mixed up? :d

Yeah, my queer is looking pretty good right now.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    He's only 4 strokes back now. Tiger's the best golfer in the history of the PGA, so I have no reason to cheer his demise. If somebody else wins, so be it, they stepped up...for a weekend.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    If Tiger is only 4 back everyone else can forget it.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    I don't follow golf, but as a non-fan I can tell you that I am sick to death of Tiger Woods, and I would be delighted if I never had to see his no-acting-ability ass on any more commercials.

At least basketball stars can play basketball in ads and it looks energetic. Woods has no game, ad-wise--blech.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Are golf's ratings still pretty high?

I remember when he first went pro, and they were through the roof. I'm not a fan, but I watched on Major Sundays once in a while to see what the hype was about.

But long term, his dominance has taken a game I found dull to watch, and sucked any possible drama out by winning pretty much every time he bothers to play.

Jeff
  • Reply 7 of 14
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rick1138

If Tiger is only 4 back everyone else can forget it.

Now he is 8 back Mike Weir at the 8th hole : he won't win the tournament this year. The two others Stars are Singh and Mickelson who are 3 back Weir.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Tiger isnt playing well today. Dont look for any comebacks. Too bad I cant watch this...I live for the Masters...
  • Reply 9 of 14
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I love golf, I even love watching it, but egad can the coverage of tournaments like the Master's possibly take itself any more seriously?
  • Reply 10 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Mattiace pulled it like a teenager in the can!!

Go Mike!!

• Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

Are golf's ratings still pretty high?

Jeff

NASCAR's been beating PGA (with and without tiger) head to head, i don't know about this weekend, masters and all.

they do a real good job broadcasting nascar, and other than golf i don't know any sport where they let you get as close to what's going on.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

NASCAR's been beating PGA (with and without tiger) head to head, i don't know about this weekend, masters and all.

they do a real good job broadcasting nascar, and other than golf i don't know any sport where they let you get as close to what's going on.

How is Tiger behind the wheel of a car? (not Buick)
  • Reply 13 of 14
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Tiger is good, but he's no Mike Weir. Plus, let's see Tiger try to skate / launch a snap-shot from the hash marks.

PS - TURRRRCOOOOO, TURRRCOOOOOO!

• Reply 14 of 14
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa. NASCAR lets you get as close to the action as F1 does...(not at all close.) When's the last time NASCAR had a wide open paddock or complete field autographiing sessions or open pit areas or anything like that? It's been a looong long time. And don't get me started on turning left about 40 weekends a year with two token road races where most guys just flounder. And restrictor plates, different sized wickers, etc. Jeez, NASCAR blows...

NASCAR and the IRL are more spectacle than sport.

And, well, the Masters, don't really follow, but Weir was pretty smokin' hot today.