In leaked memo, Tim Cook says leakers do not belong inside Apple

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    linkman said:
    One thing I find amazing about Apple is that they are able to keep a lot of the hardware under wraps so well before their official announcements. Take the iPhone for example: there are well over 100,000 people working on manufacturing and assembling them with third party suppliers in foreign countries and we don't see oodles of pictures and leaks before the release date. There are thousands of opportunities for those employees to divulge that information, and I'm certain that a lot of news sources are willing to pay reasonable amounts for verifiable information. A decent leak with drawings, specifications, and/or pictures could probably garner a year's pay for someone in one of those countries. I'm surprised we don't see one of the news sources with the actual hardware in hand a few months early.
    I'm pretty sure this is why there was a big hubbub not so long ago over MacBook drawings that had all sorts of legacy ports reappearing in an upcoming model. Seems possible that was a bogus drawing floated by Apple to suss out leakers. Because of the ridiculous angst over USB-C ports and "dongle-gate," it was just tantalizing enough to get out there and be published on sites like this one, yet by presenting legacy ports as "new," Apple was giving up no actual new info. I think we're still seeing echoes of that ruse show up in the expert analyst/leakers predictions for upcoming MacBooks. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Leak of an internal memo addressing the topic of not leaking information, that is simply hilarious. Quite unbelievable that anyone would write rubbish "....and the work we do to leave the world a better place." That is totally BS, you work to make money and doing it the most acceptable way give by society. Sometime society's opinion change and yeah then you are forced to be environmental friendly to be socially accepted, as if not why didn't you do that in the '80 and '90 -oh nobody gave a sh*t back then and neither did Apple, like many others.
    baconstangelijahg
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Hardware wise, Apple does not invent components. Apple does not have an idea of a new component and find a supplier to manufacture it. Apple just pick the available components created by its suppliers. This is why Kuo could predict what will be in iPhone 13. He just makes survey of all Apple suppliers. 
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Do leakers belong at Apple?

Depends. 
    baconstang
  • Reply 25 of 26
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    the way of speaking is familiar like a ccp leader. how did he know the employees are frustrated? how can he represent other employees? yes, a ceo represents a company, but not the employees of the company. it’s totalitarianism.
    anonconformistelijahg
  • Reply 26 of 26
    ivanh said:
    the way of speaking is familiar like a ccp leader. how did he know the employees are frustrated? how can he represent other employees? yes, a ceo represents a company, but not the employees of the company. it’s totalitarianism.
    Really? I don’t think so. 

“I'm writing today because I've heard from so many of you were were incredibly frustrated to see the contents of the meeting leak to reporters.”

He probably really did hear from employees that they were frustrated by that. The rest of the letter is written in a very inclusive tone, using the words we and you. Totalitarians don’t write or speak that way. They compliment themselves and refer to others in a much more generic manner, like the people or the workers

Also, Apple is a company, not a government. They’re supposed to have a more focused mission than would be applicable to general governance of a country. 
    watto_cobra