'Fortnite' not coming back to iOS or Mac any time soon

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    "Apple lied. Apple spent a year telling the world, the court, and the press they'd 'welcome Epic's return to the App Store if they agree to play by the same rules as everyone else,'" Sweeney wrote. "Epic agreed, and now Apple has reneged in another abuse of its monopoly power over a billion users."
    Dang, what a manipulative toxic personality this Sweeny guy has! I would've voted to terminate their license indefinitely.
    williamlondonthtwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 44
    igorsky said:
    This effing weasel Sweeney has some pair on him, I’ll give him that. 
    ?!?  A pair of what—raisins?
    bloggerblogwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 44
    I guess biting the hand that feeds you isn’t such a good idea after all. 
    mwhiteigorskywatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 44
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    DAalseth said:
    I’m LMAO. So Apple won’t let them back in because EPIC is appealing. The delay is all EPIC’s fault. OMG they shot themselves in the foot, and decided to reload. 
    Sweeney must have spent too much time in his own metaverse and lost his sense of how the real world works. They broke their contract, publicly trashed Apple, forced multiple Apple executives into excessive amounts of unnecessary court proceedings:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/02/01/tim-cook-ordered-to-sit-7-hour-deposition-in-epic-games-case

lost their case, stated their intent to appeal and then expect to get welcomed back so they can try using external payment links to deprive Apple of commission revenue again and have gone straight back to trashing them publicly when they've been turned down.

It's so sad when accomplished people turn into maniacs like this. Epic makes good and popular products and they are just burning so many bridges unnecessarily because of some misguided greed and pettiness, which they don't direct at anyone else but Apple. They aren't directing the same vitriol at Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo and the control they have over their gaming platforms all because Epic feels like they deserve a commission and Apple doesn't.

It's gamers and content creators that lose on this in the end, the execs walk away from this as billionaires no matter the eventual outcome. It's the gamers that pay Apple's commission and the ones that made Sweeney a billionaire. He's exploiting children with IAPs and making out like he's their hero by taking away their games while most of them have been stuck at home so he can make more money from them.
    williamlondonn2itivguybaederboyopinionmuthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 44
    Bet Sweeney wasn't expecting this when he originally plan this whole fiasco.

Wonder how the board will take it :smiley: 

ROTFLMAO.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 44
    Why do these appeal options even exist for cases that don't have any new evidence/data? A ruling was made, abide by it and move on.
    Watch the Netflix series Making a Murder and you will flabbergasted at how how f***up the US legal system is.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 44
    What’s really funny is Epic filed the first appeal. And no court would disagree with Apple that they can wait until the case is decided and closed. It’s not a legal question at all. Epic just continues to screw it up. Greed…
    williamlondonpscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 44
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Hopefully Apple will have developed something better than Unreal Engine by then. Icing on the cake. 
    Keep dreaming
    elijahgmuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 29 of 44
    OMG… I’m heart broken for Sweeney 🙄😂🙄😂
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 44
    Marvin said:.
    It's so sad when accomplished people turn into maniacs like this.
    From the time the planes hit the towers, the lesson this century seems intent on teaching us is that people with a wide range of anti-social personality disorders can be surprisingly high functioning.
    williamlondondewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 44
    If thing are as reported, I'd say it is a half measure from Apple.

Apple could play nice and accept Epic again in the App Store, assuming they don't repeat any shenanigans—and stop bitching in social media. Or Apple could nuke their ass by banning all Epic developer accounts (e.g. Unreal Engine) which is allowed to do now, if I've read the verdict correctly.

This "so so" approach only gives air to Epic's fiery comments about being mistreated, at the same time that it don't do enough to really hurt them.

Tencent owns 40% of epic. But I think they have their own games like Pubg Mobil.
  • Reply 32 of 44

Apple could play nice and accept Epic again in the App Store, assuming they don't repeat any shenanigans—and stop bitching in social media. Or Apple could nuke their ass by banning all Epic developer accounts (e.g. Unreal Engine) which is allowed to do now, if I've read the verdict correctly.

This "so so" approach only gives air to Epic's fiery comments about being mistreated, at the same time that it don't do enough to really hurt them.
    Not really. Epic decided to appeal, which means they don’t agree with the judge, which means that they haven’t agreed on anything since filing the lawsuit. Next they tried to manipulate what Apple said during the trial BEFORE the verdict. They want to go back on when they still don’t think what they did was wrong and what Apple did was all wrong. Then Tim Epic badmouths Apple because they won’t give him his way. He wants his cake and eat it too. 
    baederboypscooter63thtwatto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 44
    Hopefully Apple will have developed something better than Unreal Engine by then. Icing on the cake. 
    Ridiculous. 
    elijahgmuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 34 of 44
    omasou said:
    Why do these appeal options even exist for cases that don't have any new evidence/data? A ruling was made, abide by it and move on.
    Watch the Netflix series Making a Murder and you will flabbergasted at how how f***up the US legal system is.
    I wouldn't judge the legal system off that documentary. Sure there were some missteps but that documentary was pretty one sided. They left out a bunch of key evidence in the case. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 44
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,911member
    I’m not feeling  a whole lot of sympathy for Epic here. They intentionally broke the rules, gambled and lost. Now they don’t like what they got. Kinda sucks, doesn’t it?
    pscooter63muthuk_vanalingamwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 44

Not really. Epic decided to appeal, which means they don’t agree with the judge, which means that they haven’t agreed on anything since filing the lawsuit. Next they tried to manipulate what Apple said during the trial BEFORE the verdict. They want to go back on when they still don’t think what they did was wrong and what Apple did was all wrong. Then Tim Epic badmouths Apple because they won’t give him his way. He wants his cake and eat it too. 
    This and as a couple of others have stated. If Epic didn't appeal then Apple would have let Epic back. Apple won't let them back until both sides agree on the verdict; this now means once the appeal is granted, rejected or dropped. At this point it is clear that Tim Sweeney has some sort of personality disorder and doesn't care about legal arguments.
    pscooter63thtwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 44
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    I think Cook is channeling Jobs when Jobs said he was going to go thermonuclear on Android. Hey Sweeney, kiss Tim’s ass on bended knee if you want back in the App Store. Go ahead, pucker up, you can do it.
    mwhitewilliamlondonwatto_cobrakillroy
  • Reply 38 of 44
    omasou said:
    I wouldn't judge the legal system off that documentary. Sure there were some missteps but that documentary was pretty one sided. They left out a bunch of key evidence in the case. 
    I won’t disagree and perhaps I should have been more specific about how the 3 member appellate court ruled one way and then the same appellate court but with all members ruled the exact opposite way.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 44
    Fucked around; finding out.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 44
    aderutter said:
    So Epic continue with a bad attitude and keep bad mouthing Apple and wonder why Apple won’t let them back in?

Maybe if Epic retract all the bad things they have said, maybe if they publically state that they were wrong and Apple were right all along, maybe if Epic admit that what they did was childish and a breach of contract, maybe if they apologise to Apple in the newspapers, maybe if they state that they will abide by the same rules as others and not pursue any appeals or attempt to bring new court cases. Maybe then Apple should consider letting them back in. Maybe.

I feel the same way. Why would they do business with a company that continues to behave in bad faith when they don’t have to. Epic looked at how Microsoft, Google, and Samsung abused their partnership with Apple and was kept around. The difference is Apple actually depended on them for something that would have a material effect on their business. Apple does not need Epic at all. 

Continuing to do business with them is actually a risk to their business. One that is becoming clearly not worth it. 
    pscooter63williamlondonwatto_cobra