Apple seeds second developer betas for iOS 15.1, iPadOS 15.1, tvOS 15.1, watchOS 8.1

Posted:
in iOS edited September 2021
Apple is now on its second round of betas for iOS 15.1, tvOS 15.1, watchOS 8.1, and iPadOS 15.1, with developers now able to download the new builds.

The latest builds can be downloaded by developers in the beta-testing scheme via the Apple Developer Center, or as an over-the-air update for hardware already using earlier beta builds. A public beta version of the releases is expected to start arriving soon, and will be available through the Apple Beta Software Program website.

The new builds arrive after the first generation, which landed on September 21. Apple released iOS 15, iPadOS 15, tvOS 15, and watchOS 8 to the public on September 20.

The second betas for iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1 have build number 19B5052f, while tvOS 15.1 is on number 19J5552f. WatchOS has build number 19R5551d.

The first beta build introduced features to iOS 15.1 that were missing from the final iOS 15 release. This included SharePlay, as well as new verifiable COVID vaccination cards in Wallet.

Both AppleInsider and Apple itself strongly recommend users don't install the betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is the remote possibility of data loss or other issues. Instead, testers should install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to make sure there are sufficient backups of important data before updating.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3

I hope the next version fixes the Alarm function on the Apple Watch. The bug does not allow the modification of an existing alsrm to a new time. You have to generate a new alarm instead of modifying an existing one. 
    I, as a retired software system engineer of 47 years, cannot understand how any testing did not reveal that bug. 
    edited September 2021
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Hopefully this solves the crashing issue I've been having with Beta 1, both times when trying to play video in the FB app.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    siretman said:

I hope the next version fixes the Alarm function on the Apple Watch. The bug does not allow the modification of an existing alsrm to a new time. You have to generate a new alarm instead of modifying an existing one. 
    I, as a retired software system engineer of 47 years, cannot understand how any testing did not reveal that bug. 
    Works fine for me. ¯\(°_o)/¯