Users reporting screen, camera, and app bugs in iPhone 13

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2021
Following acknowledged iPhone 13 and iOS 15 bugs regarding Apple Watch, Apple Music, and more, users are finding issues with freezing apps, cameras not working, and more.

iPhone 13
iPhone 13

As Apple is working on fixing the Apple Watch unlocking bug in iOS 15 on iPhone 13, more problems are being discovered.

Bugs seen on iPhone 13 Pro Max/iOS 15 so far:
Non-functional camera (app opens, camera feed does not)
iPhone doesn't wake on touch
iPhone unlocks but swipe up to open fails (screen unresponsive)
Mail app freezes
Watch not recognized

Other than that, it's great!

-- Mikey (@mikeycampbell81)

AppleInsider staffer Mikey Campbell tweeted about his own issues, and they are also being experienced by multiple users. Others, including Drew Lipps say their iPhone 13 Pro Max selfie camera is not working, for instance -- but in all likelihood that is a hardware failure.

The discussion on Apple's support forums include a report of thin green lines appearing on the camera app, and remaining on the photos. Another is concerned with unspecified glitches with the iPhone 13 Pro keyboard.

It's not clear how many users are being affected by these issues, but as the phones continue to arrive in customers' hands, the reports are escalating. They follow more widespread reports of issues regarding erroneous "iPhone storage almost full" error messages.

Apple has not yet acknowledged that issue, but it has also released support documents addressing Apple Music issues on iPhone 13 and iOS 15.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    The only issue I had on my 13 Pro was that my AppleCare+ wasn't showing up. Other than that, there are minor app glitches that I didn't see/have in iOS 14.x, but I'm chalking that up to being iOS 15 related. I normally wouldn't upgrade so soon, but the new phone shipped with it. Audible, for example, is pretty glitchy, but it's been kinda crappy this past year with constant (almost daily) crashes. Not experiencing any of the issue listed either (knock on wood).
    edited September 2021
  • Reply 2 of 22
    I have noticed that with iOS 15 on my XR that apps crash occasionally. So far Safari, Podcasts, and a couple other non Apple apps have randomly quit. 
    pulseimagesnadriel
  • Reply 3 of 22
    ikirikir Posts: 127member
    Patience is a virtue long gone. Just wait for the first fixes, it is a new OS, it is normal. Keep calm.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 4 of 22
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    ikir said:
    Patience is a virtue long gone. Just wait for the first fixes, it is a new OS, it is normal. Keep calm.
    Oh, I wasn't complaining. Like I said, I normally do wait at least a week or two, but the new phone shipped with 15.0. Of course, if you we're speaking generally, then disregard.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Yawn.  Issues affecting a small number of devices out of millions already shipped.  Shocker.  
    StrangeDaystechconc
  • Reply 6 of 22
    hexclock said:
    I have noticed that with iOS 15 on my XR that apps crash occasionally. So far Safari, Podcasts, and a couple other non Apple apps have randomly quit. 
    You do know that an iPhone XR isn’t an iPhone 13 right?
  • Reply 7 of 22
    What do you expect when naming a device 13? 🤣😂😇🤪
    mwhiteravnorodom
  • Reply 8 of 22
    Working from home affects nothing, right?! 

(Yes, it’s very much conjecture, but it’s reasonable, too)
  • Reply 9 of 22
    So far no major glitches here. 

Also, the low-light, long exposure camera function is pretty remarkable, actually. If you lean it on something so that it’s not trying to overcome your hands shaking, it’ll do a 30-second, stacked exposure, HDR image. 
    edited September 2021 StrangeDayswilliamlondonnadriel
  • Reply 10 of 22
    Skeptical said:
    hexclock said:
    I’m experiencing the same issues on my 12 Mini. Often times YouTube videos won’t play unless I pull down to refresh and the sound for Instagram stories won’t play unless I toggle the silent switch from off to silent to off again. 
  • Reply 11 of 22
    Upgrading my iPad 7 to an iPad 9 and at the same time going from iOS 14 to 15 has been a nightmare. I had updated the OS on the old iPad just before getting my new one. When I did the data transfer via iCloud I got a never ending message saying that I couldn’t update my OS to 15 until the iCloud download was complete—which it would never do. Support told me that I had a Beta OS on my old iPad which had caused the problem. I have never used a beta in my whole life. She guided me through a manual do-over which solved the iOS 15 problem, but lost all my apps. She said, no problem, just go to the App Store and re download them. App Store gave a message saying that it couldn’t do this because all were gotten using a different Apple ID, one that I changed years ago. No problem, she said, just download new copies. All 100 of them! Many required passwords that were lost or required re-payment. Subscriptions were also hosed. Like I said, ongoing nightmare. Seeing Genius today in hopes of fixing all this. My new iPhone 13 had no problems transferring all my old stuff, only the iPad choked. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 12 of 22
    silvergold84silvergold84 Posts: 107unconfirmed, member
    No real problem here. In family and friends its working fine. Its very fast. I did read real few bugs with the Watch but everything is going fixed with minor update. New softwares are awesome I strongly recommend it. Really awesome.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    Upgrading my iPad 7 to an iPad 9 and at the same time going from iOS 14 to 15 has been a nightmare. I had updated the OS on the old iPad just before getting my new one. When I did the data transfer via iCloud I got a never ending message saying that I couldn’t update my OS to 15 until the iCloud download was complete—which it would never do. Support told me that I had a Beta OS on my old iPad which had caused the problem. I have never used a beta in my whole life. She guided me through a manual do-over which solved the iOS 15 problem, but lost all my apps. She said, no problem, just go to the App Store and re download them. App Store gave a message saying that it couldn’t do this because all were gotten using a different Apple ID, one that I changed years ago. No problem, she said, just download new copies. All 100 of them! Many required passwords that were lost or required re-payment. Subscriptions were also hosed. Like I said, ongoing nightmare. Seeing Genius today in hopes of fixing all this. My new iPhone 13 had no problems transferring all my old stuff, only the iPad choked. 
    Do you are tried to transfer files without let finish it and in the while to install new version of iOS?. Not a good idea. No bugs here 
  • Reply 14 of 22
    rob55 said:
    The only issue I had on my 13 Pro was that my AppleCare+ wasn't showing up. Other than that, there are minor app glitches that I didn't see/have in iOS 14.x, but I'm chalking that up to being iOS 15 related. I normally wouldn't upgrade so soon, but the new phone shipped with it. Audible, for example, is pretty glitchy, but it's been kinda crappy this past year with constant (almost daily) crashes. Not experiencing any of the issue listed either (knock on wood).
    Me too. New softwares are really awesome. Very fast. New features. Few bugs about Watch? I did read about it but nothing like reported in the article.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    Buggy bag 💼 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 16 of 22
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    "Tap to wake" issue is apparently somewhat common
    Apple Support confirms they had received multiple contacts relating to the issue and a fix will be made with an upcoming point release. 
  • Reply 17 of 22
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,243member
    Skeptical said:
    hexclock said:
    No way, really? I had no freakin idea. Just pointing out some bugs that are most definitely IOS related, which incidentally comes preinstalled on the 13.
    nadrielelijahg
  • Reply 18 of 22
    Other than the Apple Watch unlocking issue, my 13 Pro is working just fine.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 19 of 22
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,415member
    This is what happens when people stay at home and they're not working as they should. 
  • Reply 20 of 22
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    And this is why I wait a bit before upgrading. 
    williamlondongatorguynadriel