Real Pic Of iPod? (pic inside)

Comments

• Reply 81 of 143
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't spymac receive a ceast and desist order from apple during the whole iwalk thing? even though the videos were fake, apple nevertheless found it neccesary to stop their redistribution.
  • Reply 82 of 143
    can someone explain to me what the iWalk is/was? I didn't read that... thanks.
  • Reply 83 of 143
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    iWalk was an Apple PDA that appeared in a fake video a while back at spymac.com.
  • Reply 84 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

can someone explain to me what the iWalk is/was? I didn't read that... thanks.

Where have you been the last year? -But eventually someone will post a link to the whole 'incident'...

Quote:

Originally posted by job

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't spymac receive a ceast and desist order from apple during the whole iwalk thing? even though the videos were fake, apple nevertheless found it neccesary to stop their redistribution.

Nope, they did not.

After all the small flaws people found in the videos, Spymac themselves concluded that it was fake.
  • Reply 85 of 143
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    You have to admit the fact that the compositing of the iWalk was pretty kickass. I doubt that anyone here could do any better in compositing motion video in Finalcut.
  • Reply 86 of 143
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Apple will maintain the current look with no horizontal buttons. There will be a stainless steel back. However, there will be an optional docking station. Also, no more separate Windoz/Mac versions. Each iPod will have both USB2 and Firewire. New software updates will enable ACC, etc. (This from MacWhispers).
  • Reply 87 of 143
    bandalaybandalay Posts: 116member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Apple will maintain the current look with no horizontal buttons. There will be a stainless steel back. However, there will be an optional docking station. Also, no more separate Windoz/Mac versions. Each iPod will have both USB2 and Firewire. New software updates will enable ACC, etc. (This from MacWhispers).

That's what's been bugging me....

ThinkSecret's illustration shows us the docking station, which seems to allow you to drop it in foot first, and yet also seems to describe the firewire port continuing on the top of the device.

So has Apple added a second port on the bottom of the machine? Anyone familiar with a Palm or other device that syncs in a cradle? How do they accomplish this task - is it just gravity contact, or do you literally have to press the device into some sort of port? It's been suggested that the dock will feed both Firewire and USB2 (for the Winders users) via this cradle - sounds like there'll be some sort of new connector...

• Reply 88 of 143
    Quote:

Anyone familiar with a Palm or other device that syncs in a cradle? How do they accomplish this task - is it just gravity contact, or do you literally have to press the device into some sort of port?

Depends on the device. My Zaurus just drops in place, but my old Palm V had to be pushed down. if there is to be a docking station for the iPod, I imagine it will be well constructed enough that you can just drop the iPod in.

Ports have probably been moved to the bottom of the iPod...
  • Reply 89 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

Note that ThinkSecret's Mockup assiduously did not have an Apple logo on it. Apple legal (I think) only has real grounds to issue cease and desist orders when (as in the iWalk) the Apple logo or name is used in the image.

Mandricard

AppleOutsider
  • Reply 90 of 143
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    iWalk Link with Videos

the mock up was quite well done...realtime video and all

g
  • Reply 91 of 143
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

That's interesting. A direct contradiction to Think Secret's prediction, who having not been wrong so many times, will be interesting to see who is/was right. MacWhispers doesn't have much a track record and TS seems to be the most correct ratio holder on mac rumors, so this iPod situation may be a good one to judge inside info that the 2 sites claim to have.
  • Reply 92 of 143
    I believe what we're looking at is a part of the iPad (or a part of it).

Even the name of the picture is called Pad and the fact that the size to me looks similar to the reported dimensions of the supposed tablet computer made by apple. The descriptions of the dimensions of the tablet can be found at macwhispers. What most makes me believe that this is or is a mockup of the tablet is the dial at the right side, as the specs from macwhispers suggests.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the tablet mac.
  • Reply 93 of 143
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

Even the name of the picture is called Pad and the fact that the size to me looks similar to the reported dimensions of the supposed tablet computer made by apple. The descriptions of the dimensions of the tablet can be found at macwhispers.

I agree that if it IS some Apple thing, it can't be the iPod, at east not the main model. Too big.

But it's not the MacWhispers device either: that's about 5.4" on the smallest side, by about 7"--much bigger than the 3 or 4" wide we see in the pic here. And the MacWhispers device has no controls on the face, just a big screen. There are some holes/ports eleswehere on the case, but not on the face.
  • Reply 94 of 143
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    I don't think there wil be any Apple device called "iPad". Too similar to 'iPod". They'll come up with a more interesting name for the supposed device.
  • Reply 95 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

You have to admit the fact that the compositing of the iWalk was pretty kickass. I doubt that anyone here could do any better in compositing motion video in Finalcut.

I admit that, fully!
  • Reply 96 of 143
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    If this thing was real, then Apple would have sent a "cease and desist" by now like they always do when someone actually leaks something. This has been up for days now, I say it's bogus (or it's not an Apple product).
  • Reply 97 of 143
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'm going to haul off and smack about 11 of you

As someone so wonderfully put it earlier, the guy got his hands on this new, cool Apple device and - in his excitement - could only manage to snap ONE blurry, zoomed-in picture of the lower 1/3 of it?

Yeah...

• Reply 98 of 143
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    he did manage to get a full blurry picture of the back...of course the back tells us nothing (except that it is fugly from the back)....

oh well, we will know tomorrow (or next week...or the week after that)

g
  • Reply 99 of 143
    pscates is right. This thread needs to get moved to Digital Hub where it can die... (or it should be locked)
  • Reply 100 of 143
    What bothers me is the title! It's not a real pic of the iPod and it's full of BS.