Apple Card issue results in bill pay, other problems for some users [u]

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2021
Apple on Friday reported system issues that leave some Apple Card users unable to make bill payments or access the branded credit card's account management features.

Apple Card

Problems began at around 11:30 Pacific, with some users experiencing a variety of issues impacting Apple Card's account management backend, according to Apple's system status webpage.

Those affected are unable to pay their bill, lock or unlock physical cards, request new or replacement cards, or request a new card number. Prospective customers are also unable to apply for Apple Card, Apple says.

As can be expected, the most pressing issue appears to be paying off card balances, with a number of existing cardholders reporting that attempts to do so are met with error messages.

One customer who reached out to the official Apple Support Twitter account saw an 'Account Services Unavailable' message when trying to transfer funds to Apple Card via Apple Pay.

Cardholders attempting to pay off Apple Card balances with Apple Cash are experiencing serious issues that find payment balances withdrawn from Apple Cash but not applied to Apple Card. Apple Support is directing affected users to the Apple Pay team.

Apple has not explained the issue and offers no timeline on resolution. This report will be updated when more information is known.

Apple's online services regularly face outages and sporadic downtimes, though the problems are typically addressed within a few hours. Most recently, a number of users were unable to access iCloud Mail in early September, an issue that returned for a brief period yesterday.

Update: The issue was resolved at 4:09 p.m. Pacific.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,421member
    I am actually having a problem with this! I couldn't seem to send my payment at all. It kept saying internet is not connected but it is connected. Tried with 5G and it still failed. 
  • Reply 2 of 8
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,958member
    My problem is that my September statement is not posted yet. Cannot pay the exact amount due and avoid interest. 
  • Reply 3 of 8
    bonobobbonobob Posts: 382member
    My problem is that my September statement is not posted yet. Cannot pay the exact amount due and avoid interest. 
    It's not necessary to see the statement to get the exact amount due.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Apple Card in Canada yet?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member

You have 30 days, till the end of October, to pay that statement.  
  • Reply 6 of 8
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    Unrelated to Apple Card downtime, but effects the closing of the previous month's account is how tips are handled by restaurants. Just to be clear, I reconcile accounts daily and doing so highlights the lag in the Federal Reserve system, in addition to how businesses do their own reconciliation.

In the restaurant case, charges for tips are handled often days after the credit card is billed for the food. I suppose the restaurants don't want to give tips to their staff until after the bill for the meal has cleared. It often takes five to seven days for tip amount to be charged to the credit card used to pay for the meal. The result is the end of month credit card statement from Apple can be incomplete for a week after the end of the month. 
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 7 of 8
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    larryjw said:
    Unrelated to Apple Card downtime, but effects the closing of the previous month's account is how tips are handled by restaurants. Just to be clear, I reconcile accounts daily and doing so highlights the lag in the Federal Reserve system, in addition to how businesses do their own reconciliation.

In the restaurant case, charges for tips are handled often days after the credit card is billed for the food. I suppose the restaurants don't want to give tips to their staff until after the bill for the meal has cleared. It often takes five to seven days for tip amount to be charged to the credit card used to pay for the meal. The result is the end of month credit card statement from Apple can be incomplete for a week after the end of the month. 

That would be true of all cards, not just Apple's

For myself, I set alerts so I get a text upon any activity on my card.  On Tuesday I was at a farmer's market and the guy told me:  "That'll be $18 please".   But, before he even handed me the bags I got a text for an $8.00 charge on my card.   I told him, he was very grateful and put through a second charge for $10.   The notification comes through that quickly!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    worst MC not even a Visa a MC. Exclusive what? exclusive nada imho!  
    Getting this “ must have “ card ever took me 2-3 applications rejected until   refinanced n bumped my credit score to 770 but rejected at 738? lame GS staff.
    ”Et Tu GS? Then fall Caesar Apple 🍎 LL”
    - seriously (Siri..)  wtf is Apple doing w these GS clowns .
    .boot the “bankster”  thugs who gamed Apple stock options in 2018-19 killing my last IRA Apple options
    over iPhone TC decision not to reporting  numbers to T, that “debacle”
    WS dump where GS did not back TC n Apple where imho was big time GS  leading anti Apple “single product narrative “
     charge to trade down dump on  apple stock imho - GS is cosa nostra style minus class like DT orangemen  imho! 
    Emperor has no credit!