Apple Watch Series 7 preorders start on October 8

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited October 2021
Apple has announced that the Apple Watch Series 7 can be pre-ordered on October 8.

The Apple Watch Series 7 has a bigger, tougher display
The Apple Watch Series 7 has a bigger, tougher display

Apple didn't provide a release date, pre-order date, or price lineup when it announced the Apple Watch Series 7, only that it was coming later in the fall. New features for 2021 include a bigger edge-to-edge display, a tougher cover glass, and a brighter always-on mode.

Early preorders will arrive as early as October 15. It's not yet clear how constrained supplies will be.

The pricing structure for the Apple Watch Series 7 is expected to remain the same, as Apple has said the starting price for the 41mm model is $399. That would mean the larger 45mm models should start at $429.

The larger display size doesn't change band compatibility, however, since the smaller Apple Watch still fits the 38mm and 40mm watch bands. The larger 45mm Apple Watch fits 44mm and 42mm watch bands as well.

Apple didn't add any new health features with the Apple Watch Series 7, but it does have a bigger, brighter, and tougher display. The always-on mode is up to 70% brighter indoors.

The Apple Watch Series 7 will also charge up to 33% faster. This means eight minutes of charging on the new USB-C Apple Watch Charger gets you eight hours of use.

Users will be able to pre-order the Apple Watch Series 7 on October 8 from Apple's website and other retailers. Check out our roundup of the best Apple Watch deals on the Series 7 and closeout models.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    dk49dk49 Posts: 267member
    Has there been any drop in price of Series SE?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Has anyone been able to find out how thick the 7 is compared to the six? It seems like Apple has only been talking up the thickness of the glass. I like the 7 but not if it is thicker than the 6. 
  • Reply 3 of 13
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    If you want Gold Aluminum buy a Series 6 now.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Will international roaming work on AW, finally?
  • Reply 5 of 13
    hmlongcohmlongco Posts: 533member
    I upgraded to the series 6 Apple Watch for the built in Blood Oxygen sensor last year BC. Nothing in the 7 is a must have.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    kkqd1337kkqd1337 Posts: 424member
    I wish they would build a razor thin watch. I hate how bulky they are. 

Rip all the sensors out. I don’t care about falls, steps, o2, hr, ecg, sleep tracking. None of it. 

Make a super slim smart version and then keep the fat sensor one for sports/health enthusiasts 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 7 of 13
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member
    kkqd1337 said:

Rip all the sensors out. I don’t care about falls, steps, o2, hr, ecg, sleep tracking. None of it. 

Make a super slim smart version and then keep the fat sensor one for sports/health enthusiasts 
    That defeats the purpose of the watch. That’s like saying strip out all the other hardware features from the iPhone and just give me a phone. That’s not why they make them and that’s not why people buy them. 
    muthuk_vanalingamwilliamlondonglennhfastasleepnadriel
  • Reply 8 of 13
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    kkqd1337 said:

They already make watches like that which you buy nearly everywhere. Sounds like all you care about is your Apple flex. This is clearly not the product for you. Buy a plastic Swatch instead, and quit complaining that the smart watch isn’t dumb. 
    fastasleep
  • Reply 9 of 13
    My only hesitation in upgrading from my S4 Black Stainless Steel is that I am tiring of spending several hundred extra dollars for the sapphire crystal only found on the SS and Edition models. Apple noted that the "regular" aluminum case Watch is less prone to shattering. They said nothing about being more scratch resistant. My wife's aluminum has a seriously scratched crystal and it hirts my head to look at that. If the aluminum watch now is more scratch resistant, I'll opt for that model. I suspect, however, such is not the case. I'll hold on to this for another year to get the average yearly cost down, but the S7 looks amazing. Yes, I should be more careful with my watches. No, I likely will not be. FWPs
  • Reply 10 of 13
    tpurdytpurdy Posts: 40member
    Have they shared a time that orders will begin? Or is there a time we can assume based on previous watch launches? 
  • Reply 11 of 13
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,408member
    kkqd1337 said:

You're overestimating how much space those sensors take up. The thickest components of the Watch are the battery & Taptic Engine, display, and SoC. Look at a teardown.

Also, you think maybe Apple would like to make a razor thin watch? But like maybe, they've reached the current limits of the technology?
    williamlondon
  • Reply 12 of 13
    TRAGTRAG Posts: 53member
    carthusia said:
    My only hesitation in upgrading from my S4 Black Stainless Steel is that I am tiring of spending several hundred extra dollars for the sapphire crystal only found on the SS and Edition models. Apple noted that the "regular" aluminum case Watch is less prone to shattering. They said nothing about being more scratch resistant. My wife's aluminum has a seriously scratched crystal and it hirts my head to look at that. If the aluminum watch now is more scratch resistant, I'll opt for that model. I suspect, however, such is not the case. I'll hold on to this for another year to get the average yearly cost down, but the S7 looks amazing. Yes, I should be more careful with my watches. No, I likely will not be. FWPs
    Scratched my S5 on week 2 and it annoyed me for about 6 months.

Thought about screen replacement but I am just too clumsy with my watch. iPhone, iPad, Mac and AirPods I am very careful with but I use the watch for sport and general clumsiness so I don’t feel the screen replacement would last long enough to be a sound investment!

I would like tougher glass on my next one though…
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Will international roaming work on AW, finally?
    No, i answered on another thread to this same question by you. Check Apple Watch series 7 page and read footnote 12. 
    edited October 2021