Apple commemorates Steve Jobs on the 10th anniversary of his death

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2021
Apple's website today showcases a "Celebrating Steve" video, featuring famous moments from Steve Jobs's life and career, plus a statement from his family.

Still from Apple's
Still from Apple's "Celebrating Steve"

Ten years after the death of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, Apple has turned over its website's homepage to two memorials. An almost three-minute video tribute, and then a personal message from Laurene Powell Jobs and the rest of Jobs's family.

"For a decade now, mourning and healing have gone together," begins the family's message. "Our gratitude has become as great as our loss."

"Each of us has found his or her own path to consolation," it continues, "but we have come together in a beautiful place of love for Steve, and for what he taught us."

"Celebrating Steve" features Jobs in stills, video, and voiceover as it charts his life and includes both key thoughts of his, and famous moments. There's the unveiling of the original Mac, the iMac, the iPod, and the iPhone.

"When you grow up, you tend to get told that the world is the way it is, and your life is just to live your life inside the world, try not to bash into the walls too much," says Jobs in the video.

"But life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact," he continues. "And that is, everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you."

"And you can change it," says Jobs. "You can influence it. You can build your own things that other people can use."

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,905member
    At Apple, he should never be forgotten. Apple should put his famous picture inside main entry lobby of auditorium/theater on Apple Park Campus. This way, every time when Apple hosts new products event, the new generation of guests who come to attend see the visionary of Apple, still influencing and not forgotten by Apple.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    dk49dk49 Posts: 267member
    Time flies fast. Can't believe it's been 10 years. I still remember that day. I was shocked when I heard the news, as I didn't knew about his illness. I was in my early twenties that time and had recently started following him and Apple very closely. Yes, I was a "fanboy" by then. I was really looking upto him and was eager to see Apple's next moves under him. Not just from a tech enthusiast's perspective but also from a leadership standpoint. I was looking upto him for his leadership qualities and how will he handle the iPhone competition. Like will Apple give in and launch a bigger screen iPhone to stay relevant? Steve famously said no one wants big phones. It would have been really interesting to see how he would have continued the iPhone lineup and introduced new product categories. Apple Car might have been launched by now maybe. Who knows? But I certainly miss him.
    cornchipAlex_Vwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,945member
    wood1208 said:
    At Apple, he should never be forgotten. 

It will be tough since they named their on-campus auditorium after him.
    jeffythequickwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Customer left this in the front of an Apple Store in the Bay Area, California 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Wow ten years. How fast it goes by. My "love" for Steve Jobs began in 2007 when he unveiled the iPhone in that unforgettable keynote. It was
    everything I wanted in a phone, a connected device, flat glass panel and NO buttons. As a 54 year old fanboy back then I was like a kid in a candy
    store. And oh my when I waited in line to get the phone and had it in my hands. My love affair with Steve continues to this day.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Is there a link to the video now that it’s gone from their home page?

Update: Right here: https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/5/22710841/apple-steve-jobs-memorial-10-years
    edited October 2021 watto_cobra