tomorrow is tuesday...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
and tax day too (for the people from the states)....



new iPods to spend your tax refund on??

and updated iBooks??



after that, i see the music service mentioned by apple next week (but not up and running for at least 2 weeks after that)





so iPods, iBooks and music service this month....



15" PB next month (may)



Panther pre-release and 970 pre-release in June



lots of fun coming up...but kinda quiet also...



if apple releases iPods tomorrow it will be two weeks sooner than TS and others are saying...so i will be proven an idiot in less than a day (or re-proven)....



g
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 26
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I get to take my deductions from student loan interest (they changed the five year limit on this deduction just in time) to... pay off my student loans. How exciting.
  • Reply 2 of 26
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    student loans are great when you are in college (lots of beer money)...but then they pretty much suck for many years after you graduate...i had very little in loans, but my wife went to hopkins (insanely expensive) and we paid off her student loans for like 10 years...it was a wonderful day when we no longer had student loan bills to pay...now we have braces and cars for the kids to pay for, so i guess it never ends...



    g





    i don't even want to think about college for the kids...hell, my youngest was accepted to a private school that is 12 thousand a year...thankfully her friend did not get accepted so she has decided not to go....freakin 12 grand for 9th grade!! if she had gone, hell, there would have went all my cash for coke and hos.....
  • Reply 3 of 26
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    private school!!??!?! Man, i go to one of the worst school systems, DCPS, and as long as your try, you can get a great education for no cost...except for lunch....
  • Reply 4 of 26
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Nebagakid

    private school!!??!?! Man, i go to one of the worst school systems, DCPS, and as long as your try, you can get a great education for no cost...except for lunch....



    Hmmmmmm. This is what happens to public school children.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by thegelding

    student loans are great when you are in college (lots of beer money)...but then they pretty much suck for many years after you graduate...i had very little in loans, but my wife went to hopkins (insanely expensive) and we paid off her student loans for like 10 years...it was a wonderful day when we no longer had student loan bills to pay...now we have braces and cars for the kids to pay for, so i guess it never ends...



    g





    i don't even want to think about college for the kids...hell, my youngest was accepted to a private school that is 12 thousand a year...thankfully her friend did not get accepted so she has decided not to go....freakin 12 grand for 9th grade!! if she had gone, hell, there would have went all my cash for coke and hos.....




    I never really liked any of the HS in Santa Fe. Glad I didn't finish up there. I went to the Demon school for a while, but that was not even a semester.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    where did you finish school iJerry??



    we aren't up in santa fe...we live about halfway between Santa Fe and Albuquerque...next year both my kids will be trekking it into Albuquerque for high school...but public school is fine with us (both me and the wife are from public schools, my mother was a public school teacher for over 20 years)...we only looked into the private school for the one kid because she is this freaky uber-genius geek thing...but she would rather stay public school also unless her best friend got into the private school...thankfully her friend didn't or i would have had to be selling a kidney on ebay....



    g
  • Reply 7 of 26
    And today is monday, and the day after tuesday is wednesday. (I learned that in skool)
  • Reply 8 of 26
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

    And today is monday, and the day after tuesday is wednesday. (I learned that in skool)



    a week after tuesday is STILL tuesday. (i learned that from apple) \
  • Reply 9 of 26
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by thegelding

    where did you finish school iJerry??



    we aren't up in santa fe...we live about halfway between Santa Fe and Albuquerque...next year both my kids will be trekking it into Albuquerque for high school...but public school is fine with us (both me and the wife are from public schools, my mother was a public school teacher for over 20 years)...we only looked into the private school for the one kid because she is this freaky uber-genius geek thing...but she would rather stay public school also unless her best friend got into the private school...thankfully her friend didn't or i would have had to be selling a kidney on ebay....



    g




    I finished in Colorado Springs, CO. Public schools are just dandy, just didn't like them in Santa Fe; Albuquerque gives you some options though. That is awesome that your Daughter is such an uber genius. My cousin goes to some private school in ABQ(much easier) as well, but he got a scholarship, so his parents are thankful about that. He is supposed to be in grade school, but is in HS. Talk about your uber geek.



    P.S. The iwife and I will be down in ABQ around the 20th of next month, we may have to look you up.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    That does it...I'm putting my iPod on eBay immediately!
  • Reply 11 of 26
    Side note... (most folks have already got AND spent their tax refund....)
  • Reply 12 of 26
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

    Side note... (most folks have already got AND spent their tax refund....)



    i got mine...well my dad is holding it...$382 or something...WAY too much to get back i could had that money a while ago!



    i'd buy a new iPod...if i had a good computer to go with it...and i didnt' need a car







    ...anyone live within 2hrs of harrisburgh and want to sell me a car ~$3000?
  • Reply 13 of 26
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Already got my taxes back a while ago, and I've been holding on to them waiting for the possibility of a new iPod (girlfriend has a birthday in a couple months).
  • Reply 14 of 26
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,461member
    I'm looking at a new (for me) boat today to spend my tax refund on. I've got cash and he has a house he needs money to close on buying.



    Could get interesting folks...



    Nick
  • Reply 15 of 26
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I somehow owed $500 in taxes from my old job. It turns out that they assumed that since I was a college student, I didn't have to pay income tax to the state of Massachusetts. So even though i told them to deduct the money, they never did.



    Just enough to really piss me off, especially since I don't have much money coming in. What happened to no taxation without representation? Stupid Massachusetts and their $3 Billion deficit.
  • Reply 16 of 26
    But Fran... on the bright side... didn't you get a fresh laptop from Apple?
  • Reply 17 of 26
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    In my area, McDonald's is having $2.99 for 20pc nuggets tomorrow. mmmmm.....nuggets.....
  • Reply 18 of 26
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    damn fran...that 500 could have bought you the iNewt2 tomorrow





    i feel for you....i go do a day or two a month at another hospital to peek at rug rats running around inside mother's bellys...well they took out 59 bucks for the whole year in fed taxes (yes it is only twenty hours a month...but it adds up to a nice bit of change)....it surely killed my refund (that is the nasty part of Turbo Tax...putting in my W-2's...looking in the upper right corner...see a nice juicy refund....add last W-2...see refund sucked right down to hell)....hopefully they are taking more out now (i asked them too, but who knows....i get my checks direct deposited and never see my stubs....sigh)...



    g
  • Reply 19 of 26
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I've definitely got some refund money ear marked for an iPod



    I'm getting over $800 back. Finally, those six months of unemployment are paying off!
  • Reply 20 of 26
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by thegelding

    i get my checks direct deposited and never see my stubs....sigh)...



    g




    I thought it was required by law that you get those stubs...
Sign In or Register to comment.