Titanium & stainless steel Apple Watch Series 7 delivery dates instantly slip to November

Posted:
in Apple Watch
If you preorder an Apple Watch Series 7 in stainless steel or titanium right now, you won't get it until November.

Apple Watch Series 7 in (left) stainless steel, (right) titanium
Apple Watch Series 7 in (left) stainless steel, (right) titanium

Immediately that Apple started taking preorders for the Apple Watch Series 7, delivery dates began to slip back from the expected October 15. The stainless steel and titanium versions were the first to show a shipping date of November 2-9.

The move to November was so quick that it's possible the stainless steel edition was never available for October 15. Some AppleInsider staff were able to order the titanium edition to be delivered on October 15, but within moments that, too, had slipped to November.

Apple is selling the 41mm stainless steel version from $699, or $749 with cellular. The 45mm version is from $749, or $799 with cellular.

The titanium model starts at $799 for 41mm, $849 for 45mm.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Still missing the white ceramic option. :neutral: 
    edited October 2021
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I’m waiting for a different shape, you know they are going to change the shape soon.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    It’s not true, the stainless model, at least the graphite model I ordered at 8:00 am today, is available. Delivery date is October 15th. The pricing in the article is wrong too. The 45mm graphite stainless model with cellular is $749, not $799.
    edited October 2021 fastasleep
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Ordering in Australia was a mess. The website didn’t refresh until 11:30ish. Then every stainless steel/Titanium/Hermes option was automatically November for 45mm models.  Apples advertising should have read “preorder Oct. 8 for November!” :p

The only models available were aluminium and 41mm.  

• Reply 5 of 6
    I agree with wanting a round form factor!  So much of the interface could easily be adapted and even a modest amount of internal AI to help with the user interface experience - It would be an awesome way to refresh the whole product line.  Just think of the chronographic watch faces in a round form!!!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    I agree with wanting a round form factor!  So much of the interface could easily be adapted and even a modest amount of internal AI to help with the user interface experience - It would be an awesome way to refresh the whole product line.  Just think of the chronographic watch faces in a round form!!!
    Ugh!