Apple Watch Series 7 orders starting to ship ahead of Oct. 15 arrivals

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Some Apple Watch Series 7 customers are beginning to see their orders ship out ahead of the wearable's official launch on Friday, Oct. 15.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

The Apple Watch Series 7 became available to pre-order on Friday, Oct. 8. Over that weekend, many launch day customers started to see their orders switch to "preparing to ship."

As of Monday, some early customers are starting to see their Apple Watch orders listed as shipped.

Of course, even if Apple Watch Series 7 models are currently in transit, it's likely that customers will begin receiving them only on launch day.

The Apple Watch Series 7 introduces a larger display and an upgraded S7 chip to the company's wearable. Ahead of launch, there were reports of production bottlenecks and manufacturing issues that delayed availability of the device.

Apple Watch Series 7 delivery estimates began slipping within a few minutes of pre-order availability. Some models are seeing lead times extend into early November. While Apple Store and other retail locations will have Apple Watch Series 7 models available on launch day, supplies could be limited.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Mine says shipped, but does say delivers Friday the 15th.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,301member
    I think the 45mm stainless steel models weren’t immediately available. I ordered mine at 8am EST and have to wait a few weeks until delivery.
    edited October 2021
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Some wrist bands vanished again: white leather for example. 
  • Reply 4 of 11
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    My Gold Aluminum 44mm GPS + Cellular Series 6 arrives Friday. One of the last Gold Aluminum WATCHes until Apple restores that color to Series 8 next year. The idea that Apple dropped Gold Aluminum from the Series 7 line majorly disappointed me. I’m going from a Blue Series 6 to a Gold Series 6 because Blue looks like Black and I’d rather have a Gold Aluminum Series 6 than a Gold Stainless Steel Series 7.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    My titanium with leather band ships in mid November… :/
  • Reply 6 of 11
    My aluminum 45mm Nike Sport was ordered about 10 minutes in last Friday has already shipped. It is showing estimated delivery on October 15th… though right now it just made it to Shanghai lol. Hope it doesn’t get stuck on one of those ships waiting to unload offshore of our ports haha. 
  • Reply 7 of 11
    kdupuis77 said:
    My aluminum 45mm Nike Sport was ordered about 10 minutes in last Friday has already shipped. It is showing estimated delivery on October 15th… though right now it just made it to Shanghai lol. Hope it doesn’t get stuck on one of those ships waiting to unload offshore of our ports haha. 
    They usually get flown to Alaska, and then flown down.
    kdupuis77
  • Reply 8 of 11
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,036member
    Checked this morning and it appears to be shipped but in China.

The usual pattern with Oops (UPS) is shipment to Alaska then Louisville where they sit until just before delivery day.

• Reply 9 of 11
    melgross said:
    kdupuis77 said:
    They usually get flown to Alaska, and then flown down.

Bingo! Just checked and mine is now in Anchorage!

• Reply 10 of 11
    Well, mine is on the vehicle for delivery today. I do hope it gets here
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Yeah, it did.