M$N Messenger sux big time

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Those who have read my previous post about M$N know that I was pretty excited by the save conversation feature, only to learn that I can't view them when I'm not online.

Well, M$N just sux, and its even released by M$ a big company.

Now I use Proteus. Its so so much better and I discovered that it saves my conversations too and I can view them when I'm not online!

So I prefer Proteus even to Fire.

I suggest you all try it.

What do you think is the best program?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    MSN sux, but not because of its features... I like it for the fact that its simple and unclutered...... BUT it keeps signing me out!!!! F**** POS...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    The official MSN Messenger client really is a POS on the Mac. Version 3.x looks a whole lot nicer in OS X than it used to, but really all it did was take the instability of older builds and stick a slow interface on top. There can be a 1?2 second delay when typing characters on my iBook, for crying out loud!

3.5 came out a few weeks ago, but I don't see much improvement for an update that more than doubles the application's size. Total junk.

Proteus is almost sickeningly well designed, feature-rich and Mac standards compliant. I've used it ever since I upgraded to Jaguar from 10.0.4 last September, and it's easily (IMO) the best IM client out there.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Daver

The official MSN Messenger client really is a POS on the Mac. Version 3.x looks a whole lot nicer in OS X than it used to, but really all it did was take the instability of older builds and stick a slow interface on top. There can be a 1?2 second delay when typing characters on my iBook, for crying out loud!

3.5 came out a few weeks ago, but I don't see much improvement for an update that more than doubles the application's size. Total junk.

Proteus is almost sickeningly well designed, feature-rich and Mac standards compliant. I've used it ever since I upgraded to Jaguar from 10.0.4 last September, and it's easily (IMO) the best IM client out there.

Proteus really is the dogs. It is excellent.

low-fi
  • Reply 4 of 4
    For MSN Messanger I use GAIM under X11 and it works great... the only drawback is that the sound doesnt always play when an IM is recieved etc.... But other than that it works great. PM or email me if your interested in trying out GAIM under X11.