Infiniti offers free wireless CarPlay to 2020, 2021 model owners

Posted:
in iOS edited October 2021
Infiniti is making wireless CarPlay more accessible to its customers, with it becoming a free upgraded to most models sold in 2020 and 2021 in the United States.

The Japanese car producer revealed in the spring that its 2022 QX80, Q50, Q60, and Q60SUV will have wireless CarPlay, introducing the Apple in-car infotainment system to its vehicle range for the first time. In an update on Tuesday, it appears that more cars will be getting the feature, and for free.

The upgrade, which will be performed at Infiniti retailers across the United States, will add wireless CarPlay to the vehicles at no charge and with no strings attached. The offer will be available for most 2020 and 2021 Infiniti models, including the 2020 and 2021 Q50 sports sedan, Q60 sports coupe, QX60 mid-size crossover, and the QX80 full-size luxury SUV.

The free offer is available now, and will run until March 31, 2022.

"Customer satisfaction has always been one of the highest priorities at Infiniti, and we are pleased to bring wireless Apple CarPlay to owners of the majority of our 2020 and 2021 vehicles, said Infiniti Americas group vice president Jeff Pope. "More than 80 percent of luxury vehicle owners use Apple products, and now these Infiniti owners can go wireless while using CarPlay in their vehicle."

In CarPlay's updates for iOS 15, Apple improved its CarKey system to use ultra-wideband signals, the introduction of a Driving Focus mode, and new wallpapers, among other items.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    That’s really awesome 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,871member
    Remember when people defended BMW for charing for wired CarPlay, claiming it was necessary for future software update development!? Yyyyeaaah....

My car has CP but not wireless. I added this $100 adapter. It's not bad -- a little slow to connect, and Maps are slightly laggier than wired, but the convenience factor is worth it for me for short trips, as I can leave my phone in my pocket but still enjoy CarPlay.

https://cplay2air.com
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I with all car manufacturers would add car play to vehicles that  have the hardware, like the 2020 Honda Insight
    watto_cobra