Apple ramping up to 'Invasion' premiere with new first look at the show

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
"Invasion" is debuting on Apple TV+ on October 22, and Apple is further teasing the show and what it means with a new feature on YouTube.

In "Invasion," Earth is eponymously invaded by an alien species that threatens humanity's existence. The series follows five ordinary people across the globe as they struggle to understand the chaos unfolding around them.

The new feature detailing the characters motivation and some discussions with show-runners gives fans a look at show from a new perspective, and discusses how the core tenet of the show is about alienation, both literal and figurative.

"Invasion" stars Sam Neill ("Jurassic World: Domination"), Shamier Anderson ("Awake"), Golshifteh Farahani ("Extraction"), Firas Nassar ("Fauda"), and Shioli Kutsuna ("Deadpool 2"). The trailer features the song "This Bitter Earth (Heavy Duty Remix)" by The Seshen.

The series, filmed in New York, Manchester, Morocco, and Japan, had to halt production in March of 2020 when COVID-19 shut down the intended U.K. shoot. It restarted production in August 2020.

"Invasion" joins other Apple TV+ dramas, including sci-fi drama "For All Mankind" Israeli spy drama "Tehran," and podcast-focused crime drama "Truth Be Told."

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    “eponymously invaded?”

I’m not smart. What does that even mean?
    williamlondonStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    igforbes said:
    “eponymously invaded?”

I’m not smart. What does that even mean?
    From what I can find online it seems the author didn't even use the word correctly. But I could be wrong.

No idea why they would even use uncommon words anyway. Only makes the article harder to follow for some. Good communication should be about ensuring your message is clearly understood. 
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    eponymous (adjective)
    • (of a person) giving their name to something.
    "the eponymous hero of the novel"
    • (of a thing) named after a particular person or group.
    "their eponymous debut LP"

williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    lolliver said:
    eponymous (adjective)

I know what the word means. It makes no sense in the sentence (to me) and I was wondering if someone could shed some clarity?
    williamlondonStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    igforbes said:
    lolliver said:
    eponymous (adjective)

I know what the word means. It makes no sense in the sentence (to me) and I was wondering if someone could shed some clarity?
    I think this is what they meant:

In "Invasion," Earth is eponymously invaded by an alien species 
    watto_cobra