AirPods Pro now include MagSafe charging, still cost $249

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2021
Customers can now purchase the AirPods Pro with MagSafe charging capabilities for the same $249 that they cost previously, without MagSafe.

AirPods Pro headphones now with MagSafe charging for the same price
AirPods Pro headphones now with MagSafe charging for the same price

Before Monday's Apple event, if you were to purchase AirPods Pro from Apple or any other Apple Authorized Retailer, you would receive a case that supported Qi Wireless charging. During the event, the company announced that it was shipping a MagSafe compatible case to accompany the AirPods Pro.

On top of that, Apple did not shift the price of the AirPods Pro purchased new as a unit. It still sits at just $249.

Before today, Apple sold the second-generation non-Pro AirPods with Qi Wireless charging for $199. The model without wireless charging previously retailed for $159.

Apple's new third-generation AirPods announced on Monday are $179, and the company will continue to sell its second-generation model without wireless charging for $129.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    AirPods Pro in March 2022!  Just wait, like me!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I wonder if they will sell a MagSafe case by itself? You can charge the current case with the MagSafe charger but it’s not a fun experience without the magnetism. 
    StrangeDaystwokatmew
  • Reply 3 of 7
    aa4aa4 Posts: 8member
    What is this all about? I've been charging my AirPods pro with the MagSafe Duo since it came out. What's the difference now? The case itself has magnets on the back or something?
    edited October 2021
  • Reply 4 of 7
    aa4aa4 Posts: 8member
    I’m a bit baffled by this announcement… I’ve been recharging my AirPods Pro on my MagSafe charging puck for ages, so what is this all about? A little bit more info explaining in more depth what the supposed change actually is would have been nice… I’ll not be rushing to the Apple Store to spend another $249 on new Pods-Pro because I can now officially use MagSafe to charge them. Can’t wait to hear more detailed info about this announced “new feature”. What I’m looking forward to is a choice of something more exciting color wise when it comes to buy new Pods-Pro, blue or red would be nice…
    As I read online, the case itself has magnets on the back to attach on the magsafe charger🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Reply 5 of 7
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,163member
    Why update the case and not the AirPods Pro?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    entropys said:
    Why update the case and not the AirPods Pro?
    If you have an updated case ready then why not update it?  Whatever updates they have cooking for the AirPods Pro may not be ready yet.