Apple TV+ 'Mythic Quest' picked up through season 4

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Rob McElhenney, and two guest stars, have announced that "Mythic Quest" will run for at least two more seasons, with the next season arriving at some point in 2022.

Charlotte Nicdao and Rob McElhenney in
Charlotte Nicdao and Rob McElhenney in "Mythic Quest" season two, premiering May 7 on Apple TV+.

The Tweet announcing the series features Sir Anthony Hopkins, and "Ron" McElhenney. Jason Sudeikis from Apple TV+ "Ted Lasso" made an appearance at the end of the tweet as well, talking to Hopkins.

"Mythic Quest" season 3 will debut in 2022, says the tweet. Additionally, it will come "after Ted Lasso season 2" -- which has already aired -- but "before Ted Lasso season 3."

BREAKING: Big announcement from Sir Anthony Hopkins and Jason Sudeikis (and Ron something) #MythicQuest is returning for Seasons 3 & 4 pic.twitter.com/OugCaIWwjv

— Apple TV (@AppleTV)
"Mythic Quest" is centered around a team of video game developers as they navigate the challenges of running a popular video game. The series focuses on interpersonal relationships in the office place, gaming culture, and the inherent difficulties of creative workspaces.

Apple debuted the second season of the show on May 7. the season saw several guest stars appearing in the show, including Hopkins, as well as told the tale of a difficult development cycle for the expansion of the titular game.

The second season followed a lengthy production delay caused by COVID-19 outbreaks. A special episode was also shot as a mid-break extra, one that was written, filmed, and edited entirely on iPhones.

Read on AppleInsider
napoleon_phoneapart

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    jeromecjeromec Posts: 192member
    Great news.
    I love Mythic Quest.
    :-)
    StrangeDaysnapoleon_phoneapartpumpkin_kingbestkeptsecretwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 8
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,881member
    That was hilarious.

Like most shows it took a few episodes to find its footing, then got into a nice groove. S2 offered character development and some actual really touching moments (Longbottom's character stole the show/season IMO). Looking forward to some more.
    edited October 2021 napoleon_phoneapartpumpkin_kingwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    That is great news.  Love the show.

The Pandemic special episode was pitch-perfect and very moving for where we all were a few months into the remote-work revolution.
    OferStrangeDayspumpkin_kingwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    OferOfer Posts: 241unconfirmed, member
    I love this show but thought it had a great ending point at the end of last season. Didn’t think it would continue or require more.

I hope they can pick it up from there without messing it up.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Ofer said:
    I love this show but thought it had a great ending point at the end of last season. Didn’t think it would continue or require more.

I hope they can pick it up from there without messing it up.
    Agree, it should have ended on that piquant note.

It would be better to do an entirely new project.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Love this show. I’m glad there are more seasons coming. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 8
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    That was hilarious.

Like most shows it took a few episodes to find its footing, then got into a nice groove. S2 offered character development and some actual really touching moments (Longbottom's character stole the show/season IMO). Looking forward to some more.
    That might be my favorite episode, not just from this show, but from all the shows Apple has put out so far.  Big Head completely nailed it. 
    TRAGwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    TRAGTRAG Posts: 53member
    Japhey said:
    That was hilarious.

That might be my favorite episode, not just from this show, but from all the shows Apple has put out so far.  Big Head completely nailed it. 
    Haha - he really did!
    watto_cobra