Apple One Premier bundle launching in 17 new countries on Nov. 3

Posted:
in General Discussion
A year after its launch, Apple is expanding its Apple One Premier bundle to 17 new countries on Wednesday, Nov. 3 -- though the bundle will lack Apple News+ in those regions.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

Apple One Premier is the highest tier of the company's services bundle, and includes access to Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple Fitness+ and TB of iCloud storage. At launch, it was only available in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.

Now, Apple has announced that the Apple One Premier bundle will become available in the following countries in November.

• Austria

• Brazil

• Colombia

• France

• Germany

• Indonesia

• Ireland

• Italy

• Malaysia

• Mexico

• New Zealand

• Portugal

• Russia

• Saudi Arabia

• Spain

• Switzerland

• United Arab Emirates

It appears that the limited availability of Apple One Premier was because of Apple Fitness+ and Apple News+. Apple on Nov. 3 will expand Fitness+ to a host of new countries, although the company notes that News+ will still be limited to the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.

Although Apple One Premier isn't available in all regions that support Apple services, the company's other plans -- such as Apple One Individual and Apple One Family -- are available in more than 100 countries are regions.

Apple One Premier will be available in a total of 21 countries on Nov. 3. Although prices vary by region, they are generally in the range of $29.95 U.S. dollars a month.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I have never understood Apple’s business model for selecting options with their One bundled tiers.  All of them include Arcade, but we do not — and never will — play any of their games, yet they offer no bundle without Arcade.  Make no sense to me.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jamnap said:
    I have never understood Apple’s business model for selecting options with their One bundled tiers.  All of them include Arcade, but we do not — and never will — play any of their games, yet they offer no bundle without Arcade.  Make no sense to me.
    Business sense. You don't need Arcade, but it's a "free" add-on so it doesn't bother you to get it. And it pads their subscription count for a service that would otherwise have far fewer users.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    jamnap said:

Adding non-Arcade tiers would look like this:

Apple One Premier
    Apple One
    Apple One Non-Gamer

Then you’ll have to cater to those who don’t want Fitness, Cloud etc.

Apple One Premier
    Apple One
    Apple One Non-Gamer
    Apple One No iCloud
    Apple One Lazy Tier (No Fitness+)
    Apple One No TV+ Tier
    Apple One No Music

The most simple way I can think of to remove Arcade could be:

Apple One Premier
    Apple One
    Apple One Pick 4
    Apple One Pick 3

But even that’s dumb and doesn’t help advertise all services. The hope is that you or your kids will eventually give Arcade a shot since it’s packed in.

I think the way Apple is doing it is fine. I would prefer just one tier for simplicity.
    edited October 2021
  • Reply 4 of 6
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    jamnap said:
    Business sense. You don't need Arcade, but it's a "free" add-on so it doesn't bother you to get it. And it pads their subscription count for a service that would otherwise have far fewer users.

It’s a bundle. Just like cable, Amazon Prime and other bundles. That user can complain that 5 for $5 is a ripoff at the grocery store because they only need 4 items. Fine, they can buy each item for $1.50 instead.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Is seems like a half-assed measure here in India. I do not have an Apple One option with 2 TB iCloud space. The only options are an individual plan that includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade & 50GB iCloud bundle or a family plan with Apple Music, Apple TV+. Apple Arcade and 200GB iCloud storage.

The annual subscription for Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade works out cheaper for me.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    News+ in Australia but not New Zealand. That seems messed up.