New HomePod mini colors may go on sale in first week of November

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
The new colors of the HomePod mini may become available to order in early November, with one insider claiming orders could commence in the first week of the month.

Apple's Unleashed event took time to profile a trio of new HomePod mini color options set to arrive sometime in November. According to one rumor, that launch may be just around the corner.

According to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman on Twitter, Apple users should "expect the new HomePod mini colors early this week." While Gurman doesn't offer an exact date, it does seem plausible for Apple to release the smart speaker's new options as early as possible in the month, to take advantage of holiday shopping patterns.

Expect the new HomePod mini colors early this week.

-- Mark Gurman (@markgurman)

Gurman's comment echoes a similar rumor from AppleTrack from October 27, in that it claimed to be "hearing" November 1 as the launch date. It is also unclear if there will be any preorder window, or if Apple will skip it and go straight to sales.

Apple's new HomePod mini options extend the range from Space Grey and White to include Blue, Yellow, and Orange. Other than the soft exterior, there's no other changes made to the compact smart speaker.

The HomePod mini is priced at $99, with Space Gray and White currently available to purchase.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    New colors + Atmos + Lossless = very tempting. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 2 of 11
    So can I use it as a Bluetooth speaker yet? Way too much lag over WiFi to use it for audio when watching movies.
    williamlondoniOS_Guy80
  • Reply 3 of 11
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I assumed they were already out; I’ve seen adverts for them. Weird.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Apple need to be doing a lot more in this space, and the same home market. Very disappointing. They gave up far too easily on the larger speaker. Ideally they need a range of speakers like Sonos, or they could just buy Sonos…..
    williamlondonkdupuis77
  • Reply 5 of 11
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    Sound bar + AppleTV please.
    dewme
  • Reply 6 of 11
    HomePod mini doesn’t support Dolby atmos, only HomePod supports it. 
  • Reply 7 of 11
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    You’d think that Apple or an enterprising third party would have come up with HomePod mini “sweaters” in a myriad of colors, even tie-dye, rather than having to produce a variety of fixed color HomePod minis. I suppose the Teletubbies are grateful that Apple produced personalized HomePod minis in their honor, but it seems like unnecessary effort to achieve such a small and inconsequential change to the product line. 

I’m not being facetious, Bose did something similar with their SoundLink Mini, although it was colored covers, not sweaters. Third parties even joined in. I’ll have to check Etsy, maybe someone is doing HomePod mini garments. I can’t imagine a thin elasticized fabric cover, or sweater, or maybe activewear, or perhaps even formalwear, or an ugly Christmas sweater would adversely effect the sound of the HomePod mini. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 8 of 11
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    cutykamu said:
    Supposedly there is a workaround, though I haven’t tried it myself yet:

https://9to5mac.com/2021/10/25/homepod-now-supports-lossless-and-dolby-atmos-heres-a-workaround-for-homepod-mini/#:~:text=While%20both%20the%20HomePod%20and%20HomePod%20mini%20support,and%20HomePod%20mini%20would%20offer%20these%20new%20capabilities.

That’s a pretty long link, lol. 
    edited October 2021
  • Reply 9 of 11
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    cutykamu said:
    I still want the HomePod and missed Best Buy clearance sale at $199. Now, it’s nowhere to be found at even $300.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    cutykamu said:
    Atmos is supported if a pair of minis are connected to ATV 4K.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 11 of 11
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    So can I use it as a Bluetooth speaker yet? Way too much lag over WiFi to use it for audio when watching movies.

Not true at all.
    williamlondon